AVIC411.com

Prevent radio from rebooting when starting car

Is there a way to prevent the radio from rebooting if I restart the car ?

Very often I stop to wait for someone and let the radio play, then when I want to restart the car the radio reboot.

Is there a way to change the wiring so it's not doing this.

I have a 2005 mustang and the PAC module.

Thanks,

It COULD be done with a relay that would temporally switch the AVIC from ignition to constant power when the key is turned. It might even be possible to do it with just a capacitor. However, it's really more trouble then it's worth. Basically when the key goes into the start position, the car is turning off anything that's running on ignition power to allow the starter motor to pull as much current as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

true, most cars do trun off ACC during the crank cycle.

a bigger issue is while the car is cranking, the availible voltage is usually a lot lower than normal, and can drop down to a dangerious level for any type of computer device such as any AVIC, having the unit try to stay on while the starter is running could definitely brick your unit up. i say live with it or leave the car running.

however, another one of our members made up a circuit that uses a few small rechargeable batteries to stableize the voltage during cranking. he put up diagrams showing how to build it.