AVIC411.com

F700bt GPS Not Working

Hello everyone. I'm new posting on this forum, or any forum for that matter, do I appoligize for my noobness. But I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's going on with my GPS. Long story short I bought an F700bt from a friend but have been having EXTREME difficulty getting the Navi to realize that I am NOT in Los Angeles! I have tried updating with pioneer's website, and I've also installed Abb's Chrome V4 mod (Execelent work on that bro, can't wait to get V5)but I have yet to be able to get my Navigation to work. When I go to the map it has the gps in something like a no smoking sign, and when I touch it it takes me to the gps/time settings screen. the satillite on the bottom is red but not crossed out and there is three flashing yellow squares to the right of that. This is my first Navigation system so I have no idea what all of this means, aside from the fact that something's not right. ANY help you guys can offer me is VERY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any settings I need to change to fix this (select a different satellite)? What should it look like, when it's done right? I read that this unit doesn't have a VSS connection (does that mean my speedometers WON'T work?) and I haven't found where to connect the purple/white (reverse) wire in my truck yet. Could these two missing connections be causing me problems as well? I'm really beginning to like this unit, especially with it's total customizability, just need to get this Navi thing figured out.

Thanks again

Is there any settings I need to change to fix this (select a different satellite)? What should it look like, when it's done right? I read that this unit doesn't have a VSS connection (does that mean my speedometers WON'T work?) and I haven't found where to connect the purple/white (reverse) wire in my truck yet. Could these two missing connections be causing me problems as well? I'm really beginning to like this unit, especially with it's total customizability, just need to get this Navi thing figured out.

Thanks again

There isnt really anything you can do from a software standpoint to fix the GPS signal.

The GPS antenna may need to be relocated to a different part of the car (on top of the dash by the windshield is optimal). frequently people try to put the GPS antenna under the dash to keep it out of sight for aesthetic reasons but sometimes this can severely hinder the antenna's ability to communicate with the satellites. not always, but enough to make it worth considering this as the potential problem.

antenna may need to be checked to make sure it is securely plugged into the back of the radio

it is also possible that the antenna has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

finally, its possible that there is something wrong with the hardware in the radio and nothing you do with the antenna will fix it.

Update on my f700 situation: I ended up getting everything back up and running EXCEPT the Navi. Long story short, I pulled the gps wire out of the green clip that plugs into the back of the unit accendentely. Can this be fixed? Seems simple enough but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and succeeded. Being as that's the last major issue I'm having right now ANY suggestions you guys/gals can offer me is VERY much appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The wire is held in by a very tiny plastic clip in the connector. It should slide right in and lock in place normally and you can release it with a tiny flat head screwdriver, like one to repair eyeglasses.

Sounds like you broke it, no worries just pick up a tube of automotive goo from your hardware store and goo it in the connector, will work fine as long as you don't tug on it anymore

The wire is held in by a very tiny plastic clip in the connector. It should slide right in and lock in place normally and you can release it with a tiny flat head screwdriver, like one to repair eyeglasses.

Sounds like you broke it, no worries just pick up a tube of automotive goo from your hardware store and goo it in the connector, will work fine as long as you don't tug on it anymore

Thanks. Ended up bringing it in to work and having maintenance replicate the green clip, then crimping the wire in it and works fine now.