AVIC411.com

Using ND-G500 with another amp

Hey everyone, newbie here.

Just hooked up my car with a F500BT and the ND G500 amp, so far so good. Now, my car (Jaguar XJ40) came with 2 subwoofers as standard (under the back seats), however, seeing as the G500 amp and my head deck are only 4 channel i can't use the subs, i would need a 6ch amp for that. I want to keep the ND G500 amp for the muting options etc with the nav, but is there a way to wire in another amp so I can utilize the subs as well? If yes, where in the set-up would I introduce the second amp? I've been trying to picture it, but can't figure out a way to do it without nullifying the G500's purpose of muting the speakers during phone calls etc. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why you would need to interrupt the subs. Just let them stay connected to the factory head unit.

but the ndg500 doesnt use the factory headunits amp (which is why that his subs dont work) it goes inline with the factory speaker wiring and then sends its own amped signal through the wires which are tapped into after the factory radio. the amp for the subs never "sees" anything and therefore wont play anything from the AVIC

now this is the down fall of the F500, it is not designed for cars with premium sound systems (cars that have more that four channels or external amps), it was designed for simple basic audio systems, and it has pretty big limitations, i have taken the factory sub connector away from the radio before and with using a line output converter, hooked the subs up to the F500 but then it is no longer hooked up to the factory radio (no subs with the radio or CD player)

because of the system in your car, a full radio replacement would have been better suited for your needs. with what you now have there will always be some limitations, and your going to have to make some Sacrifices.

another option would be to ditch the nd g500, and use a fm modulator to get it sound into the factory radio, then and sound that comes from the AVIC will go through the factory radio and also through the subs, HOWEVER, the sound quality will take a hit and most important, if you are listening to something other than the AVIC like a CD or FM, then the AVIC will not be able to interupt the source for nav directions.

no matter how you cut it, there will always be a down fall to using a F500, which is why they discontuned it. its just a much better idea then it is a real product.

• 1 year later...

now this is the down fall of the F500, it is not designed for cars with premium sound systems (cars that have more that four channels or external amps), it was designed for simple basic audio systems.

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX with a 120-Watt AM/FM/6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer Audio System: with 6 Speakers. I already own the F500BT but have not hooked it up to my car's audio system since it has no aux audio input. I was hoping I would be able to do this with the ND G500 amp. Would I be able to use the F500BT and the ND G500 amp in my car?

Thanks for your help in advance. :mellow:

well it depends, does your 120-Watt AM/FM/6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer Audio System: with 6 Speakers have an external amp? most accords do not, if it doesn't have a external amp, then the front 4 speakers are actually two pairs of components ran off two channels. so the nd G500 will actually work in that case as intended.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX with a 120-Watt AM/FM/6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer Audio System: with 6 Speakers. I already own the F500BT but have not hooked it up to my car's audio system since it has no aux audio input. I was hoping I would be able to do this with the ND G500 amp. Would I be able to use the F500BT and the ND G500 amp in my car?

Thanks for your help in advance. :mellow:

If you use f500bt wiring harness there is connection for audio out which will work with aux or line in on your factory stereo.

That's how mine is connected.

If you use f500bt wiring harness there is connection for audio out which will work with aux or line in on your factory stereo.

That's how mine is connected.

BUT when hooked up like this, you dont get a lot of the designed features. basically your F500 is now a source of the factory radio, so when a call comes in and you listing to either a CD or FM radio, you will have to switch the source over to the aux channel and then answer the phone call, where the system is designed to mute all of the audio sources when a call comes in so that you dont miss the call because you didn't hear it ringing over the music.

and same with the unit interrupting the audio source when new directions are giving for turn by turn navigation, if listing to CD or FM radio (or even sat radio if your car has that option) the AVIC has no way of muting the music so that you can hear the directions.

call me crazy, but if i spent that much money on a device, then i would like it to work as designed, and i would like all of the features to work.

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

i just bought the avic-f500bt and im thinking alternatives ways to make it working with all the features through my speakers. as i have a harman kardon sound system in my range rover p38 and not an aux option in my factory radio unit, my most common solution is to buy an ICD auxiliary audio input interface and connect it through my cd or tape(yes i still have tape :mrgreen: )line without the ND G500 amp. it allows me to cleanly move the sound from the pioneer into the stock stereo and it works great because it doesn't require any additional modifying to the audio system, and whitout to loose any phone/navi function through my factory speakers. i believe you can do the same modification in your car if you able to sacrifice your cd line (if you have the ipod/iphone connector you dont need cd anymore. ). if you run the setup this way, the only downside is that the volume will be weaker from the pioneer than from the radio,so you will need to have your stock stereo cranked up, or to buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Peripheral-PLD10- ... B0015G0JUE

That will increase the volume being sent from the pionneer to your stereo so that it comes through a similar,if not identical volume. in the end you can listen radio through your avic, so its like you are using your factory unit only as an amp for your speakers. Hope it helps

i have a wire from the factory for car phone. im thinking if i can find any way to connect it through this. any ideas?you think it will work better?

regards

Apo