AVIC411.com

How do I revert back to Z110BT after update?

it's horrible, it's bulky, and impossible to use while driving.

do i have to send my unit to my local service center to have them downgrade my unit?

I wouldn't go quite that far. lol

If you really wanted to downgrade it, it would have to go to Pioneer.

great, this is gonna waste a lot of my timee.

this is the last piece of hardware i ever buy from pioneer.

i'm just going to sell it and build a car pc for cheaper.

I think that's a little over-the-top. Yah, I think Pioneer overdid the bling, and the new UI does distract the driver. I'm a "two hands on the wheel" and "eyes-on-the-road" kind of driver. Cause I drive like a bat-outta-hell!!!!

The new UI adds nothing, and even detracts, from the way I use my audio, which is mostly switching between BT audio and ipod (a huge random shuffle playlist). The scrolling A/V sources wheel on the left is a complete waste and distraction from driving. It should at least keep your most recently used source icons visible (or allow you to lock the positions). OK, I could go on with a list of bitches about the "upgrade".

My point is, it isn't that bad. Give it some time and you will adjust. BTW, do you really think a Media PC will be better? Sounds like a head-ache to me. The only advantage I can see is the ability to customize everything, but I want simplicity, not more complexity. And talk about waste a lot of time.....

So you had no idea what the interface was going to look like or how it would function before you ungraded? Are you serious? There are only a tone of vids on Youtube and this forum that detail how this version of the software woks.

I knew what it was going to look like; however, there were not that many videos regarding how SD Card music works or what the interface looks like.

I was fooled into believing that the bar on the left was able to be hidden, same with the tracks on the right.

Using the screen to scroll between songs is a headache, i much prefer my buttons.

Also, I don't think I've ever had a software where when I upgrade I'm stuck, and can't revert, besides the iPhone.

I think that's a little over-the-top. Yah, I think Pioneer overdid the bling, and the new UI does distract the driver. I'm a "two hands on the wheel" and "eyes-on-the-road" kind of driver. Cause I drive like a bat-outta-hell!!!!

The new UI adds nothing, and even detracts, from the way I use my audio, which is mostly switching between BT audio and ipod (a huge random shuffle playlist). The scrolling A/V sources wheel on the left is a complete waste and distraction from driving. It should at least keep your most recently used source icons visible (or allow you to lock the positions). OK, I could go on with a list of bitches about the "upgrade".

My point is, it isn't that bad. Give it some time and you will adjust. BTW, do you really think a Media PC will be better? Sounds like a head-ache to me. The only advantage I can see is the ability to customize everything, but I want simplicity, not more complexity. And talk about waste a lot of time.....

"two hands on the wheel"

Well, I drive a manual transmission(370z) and my hand rest perfectly with where the screen is. aa58e9d4.jpg?t=1295628549

Before the update I could press the screens buttons without moving my hand off the shift knob, but now, it's not so easy.

It isn't that bad if I could have a choice between scrolling with a button rather than scrolling with touch.

Also, a mini-pc would be a lot easier. I build computers for a living, and the amount of customization you can do for software made specifically for cars is amazing, and perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

i still got the z110bt on my unit, i played with the new software on a z120bt at a store, and i hated the ipod interface, and i didnt really see anything in that would of made it worth updating, i wish there was an option to use the old ipod interface on the newer software or units, the z110bt ipod interface was the reason i bought the radio

i still got the z110bt on my unit, i played with the new software on a z120bt at a store, and i hated the ipod interface, and i didnt really see anything in that would of made it worth updating, i wish there was an option to use the old ipod interface on the newer software or units, the z110bt ipod interface was the reason i bought the radio

Eventually, you'll want to update the maps. There's no way (until someone figures how to hack the unit), to do that without updating everything. As many have said, they should of separated the map update from the system update. Let the users decide.

I hope (but doubt) that the Z130 update fixes a few of the major annoyances of the Z120. I haven't seen a good demo yet, and you can't tell just looking at the specs.

"two hands on the wheel"

Well, I drive a manual transmission(370z) and my hand rest perfectly with where the screen is.

Before the update I could press the screens buttons without moving my hand off the shift knob, but now, it's not so easy.

Yeah, I have a 6 speed too (Porsche 987), but I don't regularly drive with one hand on the shifter. I'm steering more than I'm shifting, and my hands are faster than my feet, so there's no reason to rest my hand on the shifter when it should be where it would be needed in a sudden hard turn/manuver.

My biggest beef with the new UI (Z120) is it distracts the driver too much. Too much bling. Too much scrolling. The source wheel on the left is a disaster - it even shows things that aren't available - in my case Pandora, but doesn't have the BT and iPod icons available at the same time without scrolling.

• 11 months later...

I'm not a fan of the new UI as well. I don't like how the clock is always covering something in the top right-hand corner. Honestly, it's sensory overload. Too many buttons, symbols, and colors going on... on one screen. The iPod classic interface was clean and to the point. Very intuitive. Sometimes simple is best.