AVIC411.com

Avic Z-1 Wire Bypass

Hello all,

I had a Z-1 put into my car a couple years ago, the guys at the place did a bypass so I could use my, dvd, phone and other functions while in motion. When I had the backup installed a couple months ago, I lost those capabilities. The new shop is not sure what they disconnected, can anyone give me a little guidance on this?

Thank you in advance,

Batmancd

Hello all,

I had a Z-1 put into my car a couple years ago, the guys at the place did a bypass so I could use my, dvd, phone and other functions while in motion. When I had the backup installed a couple months ago, I lost those capabilities. The new shop is not sure what they disconnected, can anyone give me a little guidance on this?

Thank you in advance,

Batmancd

If you updated the firmware, you problably had the "light flash" bypass on your Z1. After ANY firmwar update, the light flash bypass will no longer work. You will need to do the "2 wire bypass" to get your functionality back.

If you only had a backup camera installed, and now the bypass does not work, they may have pulled the "mute" wire out of the back of the z harness (or made it loose) when they removed the HU to install the camera.