AVIC411.com

I had this installed to my 02bmw x5 everything has been working fine til yesterday it revolted twice then today it shutoff and now I get the screen cut in half white dots and other half red dots fallowed by black and white thick lines running threw from left to right then blank screen with the buttons light if I press eject it opens without a hassle if I throw the car in reverse before it blacks out I get my backup camera working what is going on?? Amazon is willing to refund me my money although I had it for 8 months now I checked to see all my wires are plugged in nice and tight is the unit defective or is there a problem with the wires maybe the ground gave out please help

First check all your connections carefully. If you have doubt take professional help. If unit is bad get your money back while you can.

You might want to pull the HU and bench-test it. All you really need to connect are the red (+), yellow (+), and black (-) wires. If that works, it's your installation wiring. If not, its your HU.

You can do this yourself if you know how to remove it from the dash. Seeing it is a BMW, there is probably a trick to it. So your next option is to let your installer check it.