AVIC411.com

Audio just isn't right on my Z1

I've had my Z1 installed for almost a week now in my 2001 Infiniti I30. When I went to pick up the car and was going over all the functions with the installer, I pointed out how the audio sounded so weak. He commented that I just needed to spend some time tweaking the equalizer and other sound settings. And so I have been messing around with equalizer, sound staging, HPC, Loudness, Source Level, and Bass settings just about every day. No matter what I do, it does not sound right. First of all, pushing the volume at 34 and up will cause distortions, then the bass just sounds all garbled, not powerful or deep like I remembered with the Infiniti's stock head unit. FYI, the original Bose speakers from the car are being used.

What can I do to make the audio sound any better? Do I need to get more information from the installer?

cntrylvr79, you'll have to pardon my ignorance, but why would my best option be to remove the Bose speakers? Those speakers sounded great with the factory system, so why shouldn't they sound great with the Z1? Is there anything I can have my installer check to work on it?

because the impedance may and probably isnt matched for a standard aftermarket head unit. they can over heat or cause time shift issues if running different impedance levels. Thats why typically you would try to use the amp(s) to run them with an aftermarket head unit

• 2 months later...

i know this thread is about a month or two old but if you haven't removed your bose speakers yet, then good, DON'T DO IT.

The other user stated that you should be running your bose speakers through and independant amplifier...chances are, you're bose speakers are already running off the BOSE amplifier. So you're good. Just fine tune your settings on the deck and they will sound great. I've got a 12 speaker setup plus 2 self-powered subs for my A4. They sound even better now with the D1 than they did with the Bose Symphony II head unit.