AVIC411.com

No Sound at all in D1!!

I bought a refurbished d1 last month installed it an it was fine. 2 days later it went out. I had no sound at all. Everything else was perfect. I sent it back to Pioneer and they said nothing was wrong. I had the unit professionally installed and he has done numerous tests on it. Please help! Pioneer sent the unit back and it still doesn't work.

Disconnect all of the speakers from the avic. Then hook a test speaker up to each of the speaker outputs of the avic one by one. That will verify that the avic is indead outputting sound. Then one at a time hook the avic back up to the speakers in the truck. Testing after hooking each one up. If any speaker doesn't make sound when hooked up to the avic, then you'll need to check and make sure the speaker terminals aren't shorting to the metal in the door and that the offending speaker is not blown or damaged.

Most speakers are not blown due to too much power, but dirty signal. so, if you sent a dirty signal to it that would be enough to distort it and cause damage... or if a terminal on the speaker moved and came in contact with the body of the car, or popped off and touched metal where it rests are all ways that this could have happened... so just check it to be sure

Most speakers are not blown due to too much power, but dirty signal. so, if you sent a dirty signal to it that would be enough to distort it and cause damage... or if a terminal on the speaker moved and came in contact with the body of the car, or popped off and touched metal where it rests are all ways that this could have happened... so just check it to be sure

Can't forget about the thing jeep cherokees are famous for. The speaker wire in the doors corrodes to the point that it causes the speaker to stop working.