AVIC411.com

streaming audio?

Ive had the original droid for the past year and have used the bluetooth with my z1 with no problems. Just wondering if there was a way to stream audio like pandora to my unit. Ive tried selecting Aux while my phone was paired with my head unit but its not selectable so i figured it wasnt suppored or I was doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I am a new user on this forum. Great forum - very useful info!!

I am considering picking up a z1 with the z3 HD from a friend for $250. seems like a fair price. I was gonig to get the reverse cam also. But anywho; my main area of concern is there a way to setup a AUX input? I know the thread starter had a similar question but was kinda aimed towards BT. I just want to hook my iphone up to the aux and stream pandora.

I saw this on crutchfield:

Optional Aux Input: When used with item 130CDRB10 (sold separately) or item 130CDRB20 (sold separately), this unit can accept input from an auxiliary source, such as a portable CD or MD player. When item 130CDRB10 is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to this unit. Item 130CDRB20 allows you to connect an optional Pioneer IP-Bus external device (satellite radio, CD changer, Bluetooth) and an auxiliary source to this unit.

My link

has anyone tried this? is it safe for the iphone?

Thanks to all

Hello I am a new user on this forum. Great forum - very useful info!!

I am considering picking up a z1 with the z3 HD from a friend for $250. seems like a fair price. I was gonig to get the reverse cam also. But anywho; my main area of concern is there a way to setup a AUX input? I know the thread starter had a similar question but was kinda aimed towards BT. I just want to hook my iphone up to the aux and stream pandora.

I saw this on crutchfield:

Optional Aux Input: When used with item 130CDRB10 (sold separately) or item 130CDRB20 (sold separately), this unit can accept input from an auxiliary source, such as a portable CD or MD player. When item 130CDRB10 is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to this unit. Item 130CDRB20 allows you to connect an optional Pioneer IP-Bus external device (satellite radio, CD changer, Bluetooth) and an auxiliary source to this unit.

My link

has anyone tried this? is it safe for the iphone?

Thanks to all

You do not need that item to stream pandora to the Z. You can use a standard apple RCA to mini din (headphone connector) and connect it directly to the A/V input instead of the aux.