AVIC411.com

black screen after removing

Hi. Today morized screen panel broke down on me. White piece of plastic - gear drive component - got loose and stuck the screen in opened position so screen stayed black. So I took the screen down and took away that plastic. Then plug in the screen into connector, put everything back. But when I turned the key, screen stayed black. Other buttons on the sides of the screen work just fine. Does anybody know what happens? Is there any kind of fuse in that panel or something? I`m not aware that I broke something. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I took mine apart to replace a bad touch screen, and now I have the same problem. I know I damaged the latch that holds the cable in, but I was able to repair that, the cable locks in securely now, but I am worried I somehow (don't see any signs of damage) damaged the cable itself. I have been just using it blind for the last few days (I had been using for months without use of touch screen, so not much different without display, just cant see track name, lol). I am going to tear back into it later this week and see if I cant get it working by re-seating the cable again. Once I get this working 100% I think its time to upgrade and pawn this ***** off on someone else, have wanted something with Bluetooth for a while now anyways maybe an F90 or F900 series to replace this.