AVIC411.com

New Russian Firmware to English

Hi Everyone. I've gotten the Russian mod going on my F900BT. It works with the USA maps without a problem. Here's the main screen:

th_2011-03-01210514.jpg

The problem here is that the default ezrider.exe is still in Russian, even when the main system is set to English:

th_2011-03-01210541.jpg

If someone can help me out on this part I'd appreciate it. Probably just swapping the ezrider.exe from 3.0 can fix it. Here's some good news though:

th_2011-03-01210610.jpg

That's Garmin, running correctly, in English. you can just diddle the settings a little bit. It's under display or something.

What is interesting is that it looks like the main menu is just hacked to kick into Avic Net instead of the destination menu. The settings for this are in \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\COMMON\UI\ and have several configs that point to other files. The main screen still looks like this, which is still cyrillic:

th_2011-03-01210526.jpg. However, the sub menus are just text files stored in T\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\save\userlists so modification should be pretty easy. Looking for Navitel I managed to get it into English:

th_2011-03-01210541.jpg

Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge of how things work in the AVIC will step up and help me out a little bit to get this completely converted into English.

On another note however, this mod will let you still use the radio and whatnot in the background, with the menu button taking you back to the Avic Net/Audio/Contacts menu. From there you have to navigate to whatever you were doing at the time(IE Garmin). There is no interaction with the AV subsystem while running Garmin, which leads me to believe that there isn't any in the other ones either, except for the default igo. Also, it seems that the default ezrider is automatically launched, regardless as to whether or not it's actually in use. I was driving with this in garmin mode and repeatedly heard the iGo voice telling me that I needed to turn or do something else. This means that the other nav programs and whatnot have less memory to work with. This might become an issue later on, but for the time being it seems to be working, provided that the user quits the alternate nav program. The first thing I'm going to try to port over is Abb's v5 to this, but I want to get everything hammered out first.

Help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks. I hope someone that works more on the .ui files can help me out.

I haven't couched UI files since I got a new car, but if Russian strings are embedded in UI (rather than using a language definition file), I could translate them...

I haven't couched UI files since I got a new car, but if Russian strings are embedded in UI (rather than using a language definition file), I could translate them...

Thanks Boris....I've been having to use google translate...here's what I've found so far:

The avic menus are all russian, even when switched to english, meaning that the back/cancel/etc are all in russian, even when altering the text files. The actual files in the ui however, are all in ENGLISH. This means something is overriding the english menus with russian. So far I haven't been able to figure out what is doing that but when I look at the My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480\UI\main.ui file I see this:

;[avic_net] - start modification code

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/temp_avic_net_800_480.ui"

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/avic_net_800_480.ui"

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/avic_net.ui"

;[avic_net] - end modification code

None of these files are in russian though.

I'm hoping Abb or Diaftia can help me a little on this one.

Assuming, of course, that text is not just an image on a button... Was there a Lang_<something>.zip file (installed in CONTENT\LANG folder) with that firmware? There might be translations in that file.