AVIC411.com

avic -z130bt

someone had mentioned to me about the HD radio being built in, great. so i'm more curiouse about if their is an internal hard drive, ive heard the z 1-3 had em it hink or perhaps the 110 and 120, i'm not entierly sure the guy logged out mid conversation anyways, does the 130 have a hard drive, if so, how big, IF NOT, will the onboard USB put out 3.2 volts of the standard 5 volts? with out 5 volts you cant usialy run an external hard drive on it.

I am sure it doesn't provide enough current to spin-up a HD. Maybe an SSD. I think others have tried. Have you searched?

Makes much more sense to use the USB to connect a large capacity iTouch/iPhone. Then you can manage it from the HU interface.

I am sure it doesn't provide enough current to spin-up a HD. Maybe an SSD. I think others have tried. Have you searched?

Makes much more sense to use the USB to connect a large capacity iTouch/iPhone. Then you can manage it from the HU interface.

[/quotete]

how so? i have thousands of songs, some 20k od songs, which is like 90 gb.

theirs no hD than other than the HD radio now, the z's were never even worth it. :\

[how so? i have thousands of songs, some 20k od songs, which is like 90 gb.

theirs no hD than other than the HD radio now, the z's were never even worth it. :\

So you are going to scroll thru 20K songs to find the 1 you are dying to hear??? I'd rather say "play the song xxxxxxxxx" or "browse the album yyyyyyy" or "play the artist zzzzzzzz".

I'm pretty sure you could cull it down to .... oh say ... 64 GB. I really don't think you need your whole MP3 collection and all your favorite vidoes with you on every trip. Once you see the convience of the iPod interface and (dread) Music Sphere, you will understand that it is not all about mass storage.

My reseller has offered to buy back my Z120 and give me a deal on the Z130. The ONLY... ONLY reason I would do this is for better Bluetooth. I happened to be lumped in with the "It is so unusable, I don't use it" crowd. I love my Z120, but am frustrated to the point of not having BT worth a shit, that I'm considering another unit from another manufacturer.

I like the idea of staying with Pioneer. What are the chances that the BT issues have been resolved with the Z130?

I've read some of the release highlights on the Z130 and there isn't one mention of BT updates. Has anyone heard anything on this?