AVIC411.com

hummer h3 metal dash removing help

The radio surround just pops out, with the AC vents above it and all of the controls attached. Put your fingers in the lighter sockets and pull, then work your way around. Six clips I believe. Put the shifter in D1 to give you more room.

Then you'll need to unhook all of the connectors on the back, only tricky one is on 4WD controls. It has a green tab that pulls out, then squeeze the connector (from bottom to top) and pull to remove.

It really is pretty easy, I've been into mine quite a bit to install my D2.

The radio surround just pops out, with the AC vents above it and all of the controls attached. Put your fingers in the lighter sockets and pull, then work your way around. Six clips I believe. Put the shifter in D1 to give you more room.

Then you'll need to unhook all of the connectors on the back, only tricky one is on 4WD controls. It has a green tab that pulls out, then squeeze the connector (from bottom to top) and pull to remove.

It really is pretty easy, I've been into mine quite a bit to install my D2.

I agree. Added to this using a plastic stick or a orange stick to pry the top will help the retaining clips to release this surround... :wink: