AVIC411.com

Poor Audio Quality on X920BT

I have a X920BT installed in my 2007 Tahoe. The Tahoe came with a factory Bose system (8 speakers, plus sub, and factory amp). I feel like I am getting pretty poor quality from the X920BT. Now I know most of you will say that the problem is the factory Bose system, and it may be. But I really don't plan on replacing all the speakers, sub, and amp. I think the sound quality right now is OK, but it's not bad enough to change everything.

So, my question is, does anyone have any suggestions for the audio settings (i.e. loudness, staging, EQ, HPF)? I've played around with all the settings but can't seem to get a good setting that won't have way too much bass or way too much hiss. I'm just trying to eliminate distortion really. Any ideas? Thanks for any advice.

Is there an onstar system in this vehicle? if so which interface did you get??? The factory bose systems are amplified and you should use an interface that supports the amplifier... I just installed a 920 in my 2010 impala. The interface that i used (interface harness) has a potentiometer that controls how much of the power from the deck actually goes to the amp in the car (the manual states that this is for onstar chime volume but it actually is for all volume). I didn't touch the initial setting when i hooked everything up and the sound was very poor... Once i turned this up the sound was incredible. My back bose speakers put out more base than some of my friends who have dedicated subs! XM is the only source that i am not getting consistently great sound from. I will be posting a thread that details everything that i did to my car soon.

Well, I'll be honest, I'm not sure what a potentiometer is, but I used a PAC OS4 as my interface. And yes, I do have OnStar on my vehicle (though I don't use it anymore). It's funny that you mention your back Bose speakers (are you referring to the rear door speakers or the speakers in the way back?), because I noticed yesterday that my rear door speakers hardly have any sound coming from them. It's almost as if the volume was turned way down on them somehow.

I would like to see if I could get more volume going into my speakers. I feel as if my speakers aren't receiving as much power as they used to, so I try to compensate for that with the unit's loudness, staging, EQ settings, etc., but this only causes distortion. The speakers almost sound like they're not even amplified. Anyone have any sound issues with a PAC OS4?

Hmm it looks like the OS4 should work... Are you sure you used the amplified part of the harness? It looks like this harness can be used for both amplified and non amplified systems and there are 2 different ways to use it because of this... If it was similar to the metra harness I used there would have been plain wires and also rca's for the speaker connections... The rca's went to the amp and the normal wires were taped up and not used.

It also looks like http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=161&CategoryID=26. The OS3BOSE would have worked for you as it is only for amplified Bose systems...

I've seen it before, and I remember looking at it before I had it installed. I know that there are two connections, one for an amplified system and one for a non-amplified system. I'm wondering if the installers knew that my system was in fact amplified. They may have accidentally used the non-amplified connections. The only way to find out is to look it at I guess, but I really don't want to open up the dash again.