AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

I said screw it and went to radio shack and bought an always closed momentary switch. The relayed bypass I had didn't work and moving the mute wire didn't work either. Very strange. Now when I want to do anythign while driving i'll just tap this button and it'll unground the parking brake wire for a brief moment and reground it when i let go.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said screw it and went to radio shack and bought an always closed momentary switch. The relayed bypass I had didn't work and moving the mute wire didn't work either. Very strange. Now when I want to do anythign while driving i'll just tap this button and it'll unground the parking brake wire for a brief moment and reground it when i let go.

I still lose the settings once I start moving. I'm guessing if i pulled the speed sensor wire this wouldn't happen. Is there a workaround to this?

I don't think pulling the VSS sensor connection will have any effect. I too thought there was some problem with the unit, but after multiple times R&R/checking, I eventually pulled the pin out again and found it's female opening slightly too big for the male pin it is being used to do the bypass thing. I put just a bit of pressure on the female portion of the pin (to squeeze it in a bit, but be careful not to crush it), reinserted, and everything worked fine.

I don't think pulling the VSS sensor connection will have any effect. I too thought there was some problem with the unit, but after multiple times R&R/checking, I eventually pulled the pin out again and found it's female opening slightly too big for the male pin it is being used to do the bypass thing. I put just a bit of pressure on the female portion of the pin (to squeeze it in a bit, but be careful not to crush it), reinserted, and everything worked fine.

I don't have the pin move. I have it hard wired to a switch right now. This is definately related to vss, it knows when I'm moving. I started and stopped multiple times today and right when i get up to about 3 mph the settings buttons fade away and when slowing down they come back around 3mph. I guess I'll have to film it since noone out there seems to believe it.

When did you buy your 930bt?

I bought mine about two months ago. And before I reworked the pin opening size, it exhibited exactly the same results (buttons fading out when moving just a few MPH).

I wonder if maybe you disconnected your vss by accident when you reworked this pin beause like I said before there are no pins involved in my setup. I have the park brake wire connected directly to a switch and shorted to ground.

I wonder if maybe you disconnected your vss by accident when you reworked this pin beause like I said before there are no pins involved in my setup. I have the park brake wire connected directly to a switch and shorted to ground.

so your set up is to a switch and how does this work you slip the switch and it lets you use the navi for a few minuts whyll in motion but it eventualy fades back out ? im confused

so your set up is to a switch and how does this work you slip the switch and it lets you use the navi for a few minuts whyll in motion but it eventualy fades back out ? im confused

Yes, the switch is an always closed momentary switch so it's constantly grounding the parking brake wire. Since it's always grounded the unit thinks there's a problem with the park brake wire so you have to click "ok" and you have access to all settings. Once I start driving and hit about 3mph the speed sensor tells the radio to turn off all settings no matter if I reset the switch or not. Once I'm under 3mph all my setings and video come back.

I tried to do the bypass tonight well atleast the first part of it

i went out to best buy they price matched walmarts price of 598 for me plus i got the 4 year warranty from best buy for 59.99

so here is what happened when i was trying to pull the mute wire to move it up one slot

this white plastic part broke off

the harness

did i mess up that entire plug now ?

i plugged it into the unit and it snaps in just fine does not seem to have any problem pluggin in or unplugging and im hoping that that plastic part chunk that broke off does not afect anything els i can also snap that plastic part back in no problem

but did i mess it up and now am i in for like what ever it will cost to buy a new power harness ?

post-56561-0-36616700-1318550400_thumb.jpg

I tried to do the bypass tonight well atleast the first part of it

i went out to best buy they price matched walmarts price of 598 for me plus i got the 4 year warranty from best buy for 59.99

so here is what happened when i was trying to pull the mute wire to move it up one slot

this white plastic part broke off

the harness

did i mess up that entire plug now ?

i plugged it into the unit and it snaps in just fine does not seem to have any problem pluggin in or unplugging and im hoping that that plastic part chunk that broke off does not afect anything els i can also snap that plastic part back in no problem

but did i mess it up and now am i in for like what ever it will cost to buy a new power harness ?

I hope it's ok, If i remember right I saw a post where that thing cost $70 from pioneer. Does the pin stay in? That plastic pece is just a pin lock but the pin itself has a metal tab to keep it in. Before you screw around with this more hand the park break wire loose, start your vehicle, groudn out the wire, then go for a ride. Just to make sure the radio doesn't bypass your bypass like mine does. Do you have the vss wire hooked up properly?

I hope it's ok, If i remember right I saw a post where that thing cost $70 from pioneer. Does the pin stay in? That plastic pece is just a pin lock but the pin itself has a metal tab to keep it in. Before you screw around with this more hand the park break wire loose, start your vehicle, groudn out the wire, then go for a ride. Just to make sure the radio doesn't bypass your bypass like mine does. Do you have the vss wire hooked up properly?

I have even finished the bypass yet my hands wher sweating i could not get that damm pin loose i can feel it wiggle a little but not much it just won't come out i never moved it so im going to wait and see what i can find to pres in the other side and push the pin out and not try to pull it out

but it still snug in the same spot it was when i got it just the white plastic part is broken

i think i saw some on ebay the power harness on ebay for like 33 dollars so worst come to worst ill just pick a new one up

but what can i use to get that pin out of there i just cant get it to come out

i also have not even hooked it up to the car yet i am still waiting for my GMOS06 to come from amazon

I have even finished the bypass yet my hands wher sweating i could not get that damm pin loose i can feel it wiggle a little but not much it just won't come out i never moved it so im going to wait and see what i can find to pres in the other side and push the pin out and not try to pull it out

but it still snug in the same spot it was when i got it just the white plastic part is broken

i think i saw some on ebay the power harness on ebay for like 33 dollars so worst come to worst ill just pick a new one up

but what can i use to get that pin out of there i just cant get it to come out

i also have not even hooked it up to the car yet i am still waiting for my GMOS06 to come from amazon

A staple works perfectly. Don't try any kind of pins as they don't work.

yup just did it with a staple worked good

I just pulled my VSS wire and moved my pin to the bottom hole as you did and it did not work. I moved the pin to the left 2 and it works sometimes. Going to try moving it down again and just see if it wasn't making a good contact. So the VSS wire being hooked up definately makes a difference on my deck.