AVIC411.com

X930BT Video bypass tested and confirmed

I just pulled my VSS wire and moved my pin to the bottom hole as you did and it did not work. I moved the pin to the left 2 and it works sometimes. Going to try moving it down again and just see if it wasn't making a good contact. So the VSS wire being hooked up definately makes a difference on my deck.

Moved the mute wire down and it still didn't work. I put the switch back on and the VSS wire is disconnected. So far it's the only way to get it to work.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved the mute wire down and it still didn't work. I put the switch back on and the VSS wire is disconnected. So far it's the only way to get it to work.

I just had my installer follow instructions on the bypass and it didn't work.

I am getting the 'improper connection of Parking Brake lead' error. I'm going to have another installer check the mute wire connector connection and the grounding of the parking brake, ground and mute wire again to make sure everything is contacting. I just bought my unit 2 weeks ago, software shouldn't matter right?

pbrakeerror.jpg

i wonder if they really changed the software during the time

has anyone bought these units in the last sevral months and or updated the firmware or software on it and does it work for you

i geuss thats the only way to know for sure

well maybe you who are having the issues might want to try and put one of the older firmwares or software on if it can be down graded perhaps to an older firmware

and see how it works

or maybe the mute wire is just not in properly perhaps

I wonder if it does have something to do with the software maybe they changed something in the more recent models

what happens when you click ok does the system work at all or does eveyring fade away even if your not going moving ?

When I click ok, the message goes away but I'm not able to do anything in motion. The icons are faded and when I try to watch DVDs it has a pop up screen that says 'watching videos in motion is strictly prohibited'

I really doubt it's the software, or at least I hope it's not. I'm gonna have another installer look at the mute wire.

Anyone else with this issue??

I got it too. Get rid of your mute wire mod and ground the actual parking break wire. See if that works, it didn't for me.

When I click ok, the message goes away but I'm not able to do anything in motion. The icons are faded and when I try to watch DVDs it has a pop up screen that says 'watching videos in motion is strictly prohibited'

I really doubt it's the software, or at least I hope it's not. I'm gonna have another installer look at the mute wire.

Anyone else with this issue??

one way to tell if its possibly the firmware or software on the unit is what date your unit was boxed up and packaged new

if it was in June there is a good chance it has the new software firmware if it was before june that it probalby doesn't since the newer software came out in june

mine was packaeged up with a sticker that says June 2011 and im hoping that perhaps if it was erly june it won't have the software and can confirm that

also maybe check your units and find out what software you do have if you have the older one then its probalby not if you have the newer one who knows maybe it could be that but thenm again who knows

one way to tell if its possibly the firmware or software on the unit is what date your unit was boxed up and packaged new

if it was in June there is a good chance it has the new software firmware if it was before june that it probalby doesn't since the newer software came out in june

mine was packaeged up with a sticker that says June 2011 and im hoping that perhaps if it was erly june it won't have the software and can confirm that

also maybe check your units and find out what software you do have if you have the older one then its probalby not if you have the newer one who knows maybe it could be that but thenm again who knows

I have version 3.0

My other tech has bypassed a lot of these units and he reconnected the yellow pin and regrounded the parking, mute wires together and no luck. He does have the speed sensor wire hooked up. My unit was manufactured in May 2011, version 3.0000

I'm ready to pull out my hair!!!!

Still doesn't work!

hmm wonder if anything could have been changed in the harness perhaps anyone think that pioneer figured out what we where doing and decided to change things up or do you think they wouldn't bother because it would be got around again ?

could be that who ever you had pull the mute wire the first time screwed up the pin and damaged that or maybe even the plug itself perhaps

how many firmware versions have there been so far for the x930bt is 3.000 the first one and they started at 3.000 now they are at 3.001 or did they have something earlier in the x930bt models maybe others have not using it perhaps it could be the firmware or something but not sure that would be likely but perhaps

You might have to retry with a new harness perhaps the connector is damaged during pin removal or maybe the first one that did this pulled the wire out of the pin and didn't put the pink back on the wire properly perhaps

Thank you for reconfirming what i originally had posted. 1 pin down. initially it will work if you move the wire one pin over. until you take it for a little ride it will then lock out your video and give you the parking brake error message.

so if you go over one with the pin over one slot to the outside then it works but only for a little whyll and ones it is in motion it will then lock out again ?

is this what your saying ?

and then the correct way is to move it one slot down not on the outisde but just one slot down or up how ever you look at it ?