AVIC411.com

Security Bypass Question

Also, will I get the nag screen about the parking brake not being connected correctly?

Thanks

If you already get this message, you need to reset the unit with the recessed button to the right of eject. That will make it go away. If you don't get that message already, then the 2 wire bypass will not make it show up.

The parking brake grounded makes it have all the features unlocked. The second wire in connector 2 makes it work while in motion and keeps that message from coming up.

• 5 weeks later...

So this Wednesday I'm having my Z1 installed! Can't wait.. I already swapped the wire off the Cellphone Mute to the bottom right of Connector 2 to be able to watch anything while driving...

So I have 1 question that might be stupid.. but with doing all this and all.. Do I still connect the Speed Wire or I can't connect that? I know the unit works more accurately with the Speed Wire but just wondering...

Thanks in advance!

Sweet! I figured.. I wonder what happens internally because when I had the N3, the unit would give me a warning about the vehicle going at a certain speed and would shut off any video...

But thanks! Now I just posted a question about on where it is on my Toyota Matrix '07 on another post.. :-P