AVIC411.com

audio track titles?

hey i have a avic-z2 updated to z3 maps and software. whenever i pop in a audio cd it records automatically which i like because of the large hdd i can store lots of cds. the first 2 cds it recorded the titles of the songs correctly and successfully. now wen i rip a cd onto the hdd the title of the song will be the date i ripped it to my hdd, never the actual title of the song. how can i fix this so that the song title will actually show up?

Does windows media player support cd-text?

I thought it was a setting in the navi or something like that?

Windows Media Player requires a plug in. See the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text

There are no settings in the Avic. When it rips a cd, it first checks the gracenotes database. If the CD is not found in the database (or custom cd), then it will use the cd-text data. If cd-text data is not found, it will use the ripped date/time for track title.

Alright so if I install the cd tezt plugin for wmp and burn a cd using wmp then rip the cd to my avic z2's hdd the titles of the songs should show up rite?

Windows Media Player requires a plug in. See the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text

There are no settings in the Avic. When it rips a cd, it first checks the gracenotes database. If the CD is not found in the database (or custom cd), then it will use the cd-text data. If cd-text data is not found, it will use the ripped date/time for track title.

I've never used WMP, but yes, in theory. Please let us know if it works. Don't forget to edit the cd-text field to display the way you want.

I use Roxio and have zero problems. I can embed any title I want and verify song title and information using 'Gracenote' prior to burning, also set uniform volume on CD. After doing this the Z hdd thinks it is a store bought CD everytime. I tried WMP a couple of times but had no luck using the CD's on my Z3 unit. Oh, they played alright but would not record.