AVIC411.com

Dual cameras

Hello. I'm new here. I am saving to purchase a new stereo in my car and have settled on the AVIC Z130BT (was going to be Z120BT). I have a question. I am wondering if I can have 2 cameras hooked to it. The reverse camera is nice but I'd like to have a second camera in the nose of my car. I have a low splitter and don't want to break it by hitting a curb etc. while parking. I want one that I can turn on at will. Is this possible or will I need to get something else in addition to the Z130BT?

Thanks

My suggestion would be to wire the backup cam as it should be; then use video 1 input for a second camera. You would have to manually select it though to use it. I use this video input (and audio) to run a digital tv tuner. I sit and watch the news at 11 pm while waiting for the gf to get out of work (usually 11:15 or20). It will work with (I believe) most video inputs, including an additional camera. Good luck. I hope someone can confirm or deny this for you. Or just go try it yourself when you can.