AVIC411.com

avic z2 sensor wont initialize

Hey everybody...im new to this site...thanks for any help in advance...i just installed a z2 in my vehicle and performed the bypass procedure as detailed in this site. After the install my unit thought i was going 187 mph which i assume happened because i was moving it around while the unit was powered up in nav mode. once i mounted the unit i reset the 3d calibration and now i cant get it to initialize..the sensor status says sensor intializing and the unit will not update my current location..in the hardware status my gps antenna says ok and recognizes two satellites and updates the time so im pretty sure the antenna is ok. is there a procedure to reinitialize the sensor? do i have to disconnect my 2 bypass wires to get this to happen. i dont plan on hooking up vss...im not that fussy on it being 100% precise. I have performed every reset procedure in the owners manual but it still wont initialize. My vehicle dynamics screen says no speed or g sensor available so im assuming the internal g sensor is my problem-i know it cant be broken cause it had a reading before i reset the data. Any advice? is there a certain number of miles i have to drive or certain turns i have to make to recalibrate this internal g sensor?

ok thanks..i noticed before i reset it it said simple hybrid. was this possibly attained by the previous vehicle? i really just want it to somewhere close to where i am....is this not possible without a vss? right now it says im at least 20 miles from where i am...i was reading posts about it working ok(not perfect) without the vss hooked up..why is mine so far off?? is it possible its just taking a long time to update my location?

ok thanks..i noticed before i reset it it said simple hybrid. was this possibly attained by the previous vehicle? i really just want it to somewhere close to where i am....is this not possible without a vss? right now it says im at least 20 miles from where i am...i was reading posts about it working ok(not perfect) without the vss hooked up..why is mine so far off?? is it possible its just taking a long time to update my location?

Yeah, it would have showed the info from the previous vehicle. It will become more accurate with time, you don't need VSS. Simple Hybrid will work fine for most people.