AVIC411.com

Help!! I can not delete!

I had a Z120BT installed recently and I'm trying to delete a registered bluetooth device. I have reviewed the user manual and it only refers to deleting a device if you have reached the maximum of 5 device and wish to add another. Please help! Thanx.

The only way to delete a BT pairing is to do a full reset of the AVIC (or pair 5 more devices). See pg 186 of Z120 manual.

• 1 year later...

You don't really need to delete them, it doesn't hurt anything.

The reason why this actually needs to be an option is if there is some sort of issue with the paired phone that a delete and re-pair would fix. When I owned these units I had issues at times with the phone connecting as both handsfree and A2DP. Sometimes it just wouldn't work and the only solution was to delete and re-pair. But because you cant do this with these units it required a reset of the whole unit. It is a stupid software design and has been a problem sense the 110. The F/1st gen X series did not operate this way and at least in this regard, was easy to fix if you had this problem.