AVIC411.com

brightness control z130??

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just figured this out. The post above is kinda close. A little vue. First step is to goto your settings. Anywhere in there you can hold the mode button and your brightness menu will pop up.

One thing I noted was when my lights were off, I was controlling the setting for the daytime mode. When I had my headlights on, the icon switched from a sun to a moon, and here is where you can the settings for the brightness. I turned the "dimmer" all the way down, and now my day and night time modes are the same brightness.

(I did this because I drive with just my fog lights on during the day, which activates the night mode on my headunit, and I can't see the display when driving)

Ok, I just figured this out. The post above is kinda close. A little vue. First step is to goto your settings. Anywhere in there you can hold the mode button and your brightness menu will pop up.

One thing I noted was when my lights were off, I was controlling the setting for the daytime mode. When I had my headlights on, the icon switched from a sun to a moon, and here is where you can the settings for the brightness. I turned the "dimmer" all the way down, and now my day and night time modes are the same brightness.

(I did this because I drive with just my fog lights on during the day, which activates the night mode on my headunit, and I can't see the display when driving)

No, Jason was correct. Hold Mode for a few seconds. You don't have to be in any particular menu. Works from any screen.

If you drive during the day with your fog lights, then change your ILL wire tap to the headlights. That way your day/night mode will work automatically. I don't think there is a compromise setting for brightness that works both in the dark and in bright daylight. Better to optimize the display for each. Do you manually switch between day mode and night mode (black backround)?