AVIC411.com

The 3D calibration reset is in the menus. The system level resets are in the owner's manual. I have attached the pages from the manual...

I did the 3D calibration resets and i now have 0 as distance and the learning status now says status initializing. Also the GPS arrow is now frozen and doesn't move at all. Here's some pics i took....

post-51526-0-45523000-1302833080_thumb.jpg

post-51526-0-91483900-1302833117_thumb.jpg

Your first pic shows only 2 sats. This is not enough for navigation. If your vss is connected, then distance will increment as you drive.

VSS? only thing i diconnected was the old GPS antenna and connected the new one. I installed the new GPS antenna yesterday and then reset everything. But i didn't drive anywhere after that or start the truck...Maybe thats why. I'll go for a drive today and report back.

well after taking a drive...still nothing. I noticed tho that a few seconds after i put the vehicle in drive and take off...the installation position setting went from "OK" to "excessive vibration", then just after i come to a stop it goes back to "OK". I also noticed that when it goes to "excessive vibration" i have no satellites, but when i put it in park and shut the vehicle off i get two of them, but no more than that. I ended up pullling the whole head unit out of the dash and noticed that the "car speed signal input" wire isn't hooked up...does it need to be cause the previous owner ran it without it hooked up for over two years without any issues with the headunit and it's been great for the two months that i've had it up until now. It's one of those wires where the connector end looks like a billet connector with a clear plastic tube over the connector. This thing is really starting to tick me off now, and i'm beginning to think i should've just bought a new one.

The speed sense wire is the VSS. It does help the accuracy of the unit. I have not seen the excessive vibration warning.

i guess i'd hafta find what that wire is and where it's located on my truck and connect the two. I guess i can try plugging the old GPS antenna in and see if i still get the "excessive vibration" for the installation postition.

• 3 weeks later...