AVIC411.com

Pre-DIY Install Questions on 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

I've been waiting on my Z1 purchase until someone made a harness, kit, adapter dealie and now on the Metra website I see it is available.

Info about me:

I installed a car stereo in my 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel back in 1985.

Although that's all I've ever done, I do have the abililty to learn new tricks.

Whee, start your engines!

Ok, the Santa Fe has a double din factory unit in there already as well as controls on the steering wheel for volume, tuning, mute, etc.

On the Metra site I see a few things and wanted to see if anyone could tell me what one of them is.

This is the download sheet for the harness. I don't know what it means, but I'm hoping that the harness just plugs into whatever I unplug from the factory unit. At that point I'm hoping the other end connects to the Z1.

Is it really that easy to install if I don't do the bypass?

From there, what would be involved in utilizing the steering wheel controls? A PAC SWI-PS?

Hoprefully once I get all of this figured out I can still find someone with a Z1 in stock.

You don't have time to wait on the Z1. They're flying off the shelves and it appears that their pricing is going up because of low supply and high demand.

Just buy it and we'll help you through it all. I never installed a car stereo in my life but installed the Z1 myself just 2 weeks ago. I did a litttle at a time.

I highly recommend buying a shop manual with wiring diagrams for your car. It will save you a ton of time and grief.

The metra harness is helpful and will save you about 15 minutes or so install time since you won't have to splice so many wires but probably will not cover all of your Z-1 wire hookups. I used part Metra harness and part splicing of wires. I hooked it all up myself and everything works just fine. You don't really need the Metra harness if you learn all of your radio wiring color codes, hence the need for a shop manual.

Cheers,

Kevin