AVIC411.com

whats the differences between avic z130bt and z120bt

Hey guys. i currently own the avic z1. the original unit that came out the first time. so am a total newbie with these newer units.

i have been looking at the new units and really like the new gui.

i have been checking out the pioneer web site but i cant really get a good sense of whats really different between the two units. i also dont know why the 120bt is more expensive than the 130bt.

one of the main things i want is the traffic. i heard that all the new units come free with this feature. is this true? current i have the z1 add with xm nav traffic. they are charging me about $6 fee per month for this feature. im trying to get away from paying but still need the traffic feature tho.

also, can you guys also give me the cons and pros on each of the two units?

thanks for any help.

the new features of the 130 is that it has an updated Map, as well as minor updates on the firmware. Built in HD radio, they moved the SD card slot, and built in traffic tuner which is now a free service.

If you have the 110/120, u can purchase the new traffic tuner (for like 90 bucks), which is good news.

The App Mode on the Z130 is just a one touch button that switches from navi to iPod control mode, and back again. You can do the same thing on the 120, it's shown in the Netflix demo video.

I watched the video and it looked like my 120 had very simular menus. So I believed that the 120 could do it. But the way it is worded, I thought it was soft ware that would let me use the apps on my iPhone4 but control them using my HU

New Z130 features:

Built in HD Radio

Comes with a free Traffic Tuner

App Mode for iPhone

Aha Radio w/ iPhone

New Maps

New BT Firmware

Can you use an iPod Touch with Mobile Wi-Fi to run Aha and Pandora? I would think so but want to confirm first.

Thanks.

the new features of the 130 is that it has an updated Map, as well as minor updates on the firmware. Built in HD radio, they moved the SD card slot, and built in traffic tuner which is now a free service.

If you have the 110/120, u can purchase the new traffic tuner (for like 90 bucks), which is good news.

Great News!! I have a Z110bt and will be looking to upgrade the software to the new 130.

Any idea when & Where I can get the software update? Cost?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...