AVIC411.com

WTF? Check out this glitch!

I got into my truck a little while ago and this is what I saw.

The beeping in the beginning is coming from the head unit.

The music at :58 and the asian voice at 1:30 are not on any media of mine, they are coming from the head units memory. I grabbed my cell phone

and took that video. I reset the head unit afterward and I no longer have that folder access.

I got into my truck a little while ago and this is what I saw.

The beeping in the beginning is coming from the head unit.

The music at :58 and the asian voice at 1:30 are not on any media of mine, they are coming from the head units memory. I grabbed my cell phone

and took that video. I reset the head unit afterward and I no longer have that folder access.

Do you normally have the "beep" enabled of did that just start with this glitch. I think audio files are actually part of the firmware. I found them before while browsing another WinCE device that had been hacked.

Too bad you reset it, might of been useful in learning how to hack these units. It seemed like you somehow go into the file explorer. Now, if only we could figure how to do this at will. Had you ever played around in TestMode?

Do you normally have the "beep" enabled of did that just start with this glitch. I think audio files are actually part of the firmware. I found them before while browsing another WinCE device that had been hacked.

Too bad you reset it, might of been useful in learning how to hack these units. It seemed like you somehow go into the file explorer. Now, if only we could figure how to do this at will. Had you ever played around in TestMode?

The regular menu "beep" is enabled but that continous beeping was new. I haven't been into the test mode. It's a Z110BT with the cracked upgrade. It was a surprise to jump into my truck and have the head unit beeping at me and also having some extra file system access.

The regular menu "beep" is enabled but that continous beeping was new. I haven't been into the test mode. It's a Z110BT with the cracked upgrade. It was a surprise to jump into my truck and have the head unit beeping at me and also having some extra file system access.

The continuous tone is just one of the built-in wave files. There must be a long tone and a short one. Notice in your video - It says "AudioFile" at the top while the constant tone is playing - then a slight break, then a short tone. Like it was queued-up. Then "AudioFile" disappears. And there is silence (except for those annoying beep tones - I turn them off) until you select the "asterick.wav". I can't make out that sound - it is just a quick one. But later whenever you select a built-in wav file the "AudioFile" reappears. I suspect the browser normally shows ID3 tags if they are in the file, otherwise it just shows "AudioFile".

So it appears you somehow booted up into the File Explorer. This let you browse through not only USB directories, but also allowed you to go up to the root. From there you could get into Windows and NAND. Cool.

I also noticed you hadn't pressed "OK" yet, cause it prompted you much later in the video. Is it possible that when you shutdown the last time - your music source was SD or USB?