AVIC411.com

No address in address book.....

Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid?

When I put an entry into the address book and name it "ed's house" so it works with the voice command.

How do I know the address after the fact?

When I arrive, if the house doesn't look familiar how will I know the house #?

Am I missing something or is it just me?

Thanks

Okay, now you got me started...

Pioneer has a lot of work to do in the way of navagation for the Z1. In a word, it sucks. The problem you mentioned is a big one, another one is it's ETA, its terrible! And the inability to locate many rural addresses is frustrating to me as a real estate appraiser.

Oh, and today, it wanted to route me 10 miles South only to turn me back North for the purpose of getting me started on a major highway instead of just cutting me over on a rural road to hook me up to the road I needed to be on. I would have lost 10 minutes in driving time if I followed the Z1's recommended route. It's a good thing that I knew the area.

Maybe the problem is that Tele Atlas is based out of Europe. Maybe they should stick to European navigation and leave US navigation to US based companies like DeLorme or NavRoute, both of whom are, in my humble opinion, superior in US navigation to that of Tele Atlas.

After owning my AVIC-Z1 for only 2 weeks, I have to say that I am just NOT happy with its navigation. But now I own it, so I guess I just have to live with it's sortcomings. Hopefully, future updates will correct these problems.