AVIC411.com

so my family member gave me his z2 that apparently had something wrong a while ago...when i tried to turn it on this weekend since my old radio gave out, the screen is black and the buttons dont turn on, but i do hear the fan in the back turning on...The way i tested the radio was i connected the RED power wire and the ACC yellow wire to a positive terminal on a battery and the GROUND black wire to the negative of the batter, could this be what its causing it not to turn on that im missing another cable to connect? or what can i test out to see if it can be fixed

and i have reserached but anything says to send it to pioneer, but i know he tried or did change the hdd on the z2 to make it a z3 and i have both hardrives one inside the unit and one in a case, but dont know which is the original one...

any ideas or knowledge would be greatly appreciated

so my family member gave me his z2 that apparently had something wrong a while ago...when i tried to turn it on this weekend since my old radio gave out, the screen is black and the buttons dont turn on, but i do hear the fan in the back turning on...The way i tested the radio was i connected the RED power wire and the ACC yellow wire to a positive terminal on a battery and the GROUND black wire to the negative of the batter, could this be what its causing it not to turn on that im missing another cable to connect? or what can i test out to see if it can be fixed

and i have reserached but anything says to send it to pioneer, but i know he tried or did change the hdd on the z2 to make it a z3 and i have both hardrives one inside the unit and one in a case, but dont know which is the original one...

any ideas or knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Your are correct. You only need to connect YELLOW and RED to 12v+ and BLACK to 12v-. Make sure the car battery that you are using is fully charged, as these unit pull alot of power.

The original stock drive will be model# MK3029GACE.

Your are correct. You only need to connect YELLOW and RED to 12v+ and BLACK to 12v-. Make sure the car battery that you are using is fully charged, as these unit pull alot of power.

The original stock drive will be model# MK3029GACE.

thats what i originally thought i have the battery on a charger and still nothing..and the original hardrive is the one thats not inside the system, what other troubleshooting steps can i do

thats what i originally thought i have the battery on a charger and still nothing..and the original hardrive is the one thats not inside the system, what other troubleshooting steps can i do

Check the inline fuses on yellow and red wires. If it does not turn on, not alot that we can troubleshoot online...