AVIC411.com

Install in 04-08 F150

If anyone has installed a double din unit in a 04-08 F150, which dash kit did you use? I do not like the Metra Turbo Kit for this model vehicle. Guess I will have to keep playing around with it to see If i can get it to look right. Thanks.

I put one in an 04 F250, I think you have the same dash. The factory radio was not quite double din so required a little triming of the dash opening and a metra 99-5805. Like you I wasn't thrilled with the Metra kit, you might try the pioneer kit ADTVA133, they are about $40 on Amazon

I put one in an 04 F250, I think you have the same dash. The factory radio was not quite double din so required a little triming of the dash opening and a metra 99-5805.

not quite, the 04 super duty's still used the old school ford radio where the body of the radio is smaller than the face and the opening is not quite a double din, the 04 F150 was the first year of the redesign, and used the new "bigger than double din" radio's so they are completely different kits