AVIC411.com

Google Maps App on Z130BT?

I am in the market to upgrade from my N3 to the Z130BT. The installer mentioned something about the app mode being able to run iPod Touch apps through the unit. I hate to give up my XM NAV Traffic on my N3 as the Z130 has RDS (FM) traffic which I don't find to be as good (especially flow info). Anyway, I mentioned that I wish I could use the traffic feature in Google Maps and he said that I could do it through the head unit via the app mode but when I read through the manual, it only indicates that app mode is used for Pandora or Aha Radio. I looked at the features of Aha Radio and didn't like the traffic idea of an electronic voice mispronouncing every street one at a time. I would like to 'see' the red yellow and green lines of the streets from Google Maps but somehow I don't think this is possible. If there is some way that this can happen, please let me know as this might be a deal breaker for me. Sounds silly but I have RDS traffic on my Garmin when I travel and rent cars and I find it to be less accurate then the XM NAV Traffic so I was hoping for the Google Maps alternative.

-Thanks!

App Mode is only useful for apps that support video out and the Google Maps app is not one of them. Also App Mode is a dedicated source on the unit which means if you are using it you cant use any other source at the same time. Which means no music.

App Mode is only useful for apps that support video out and the Google Maps app is not one of them. Also App Mode is a dedicated source on the unit which means if you are using it you cant use any other source at the same time. Which means no music.

OK thanks. So I guess the reply above from Jason for Motion-X would also act as a dedicated source as well?! I basically don't want to use another GPS mapping program. The whole reason for buying the Z130BT is to use the built in navigation but I was hoping to find an alternate screen to look up just traffic flow info since I'm not too thrilled with the RDS traffic. Therefore, I was hoping to use Google Maps traffic to do a quick look up on the head unit (not the phone) but since it doesn't support video out, maybe they'll be another one down the road.

Thanks for your input.

OK thanks. So I guess the reply above from Jason for Motion-X would also act as a dedicated source as well?! I basically don't want to use another GPS mapping program. The whole reason for buying the Z130BT is to use the built in navigation but I was hoping to find an alternate screen to look up just traffic flow info since I'm not too thrilled with the RDS traffic. Therefore, I was hoping to use Google Maps traffic to do a quick look up on the head unit (not the phone) but since it doesn't support video out, maybe they'll be another one down the road.

Thanks for your input.

Anyone got the Motion X to work while driving , as they do in the Video?

OR are they using a bypass?

Ramrod