AVIC411.com

I am installing my new Z130BT today and cannot get the video out to work. When I hook the video out to my rear monitors I get an awful hum and well as no video out signal. This worked fine with my Z3 but not with the Z130. Any suggestions? I have tried different video cables and also hooked up an external DVD directly to the rear monitors to make sure they still worked.

Scott

I thought I had the video out working last night. It would never send a signal out to the headrest monitors, just a hum to the audio chanels. I tested it everway known to man and the diagnosis IMO is that the unit is defective. I pulled it and boxed it back up to return to online car stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

So Onlinecarstereo.com sends me videos of them testing my Z130BT with no issues. They told me I did not have the accessory box plugged in and that is why the video out did not work and that is why I have the hum in the sub channel. I think something is wrong here. Can anyone comment on if this is accurate?

"Your receiver was tested and found to be free of defect. You can see video proof here:

Please note the serial number for your receiver in the video: KCTM003758UC The issues you experienced were most likely caused by incompetence on your installer's part. In the future, please have your car audio equipment installed by a professional. Also for the record, Pioneer's Z130BT is the first 100 series receiver that includes a filter which is required for operation. If this filter (small gray box) was not installed (even for a simple bench test) the receiver will not function properly. This is the most common installation error with the the pioneer 5000 series receivers which always included the filter box. "

BTW, this is not my first install. I have been installing systems since the Punch 45 days. I am using the ASWC steering wheel remote interface.

Scott