AVIC411.com

WTF are 2011 Map Updates???

Is Pioneer Deficient with 2011 Map Updates?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pioneer WAY Late Wiith 2011 Map Updates?

All:

Okay, my buddy and I were in his Audi this week and four out of ten Starbucks listed by his AVIC with 2010 data (it's a X920 I think...) as being in our town moved or went out of business over a year ago.

There's one major road interchange between Interstate 66 and a major state highway that FINISHED 16 months ago and is still totally wrong in the AVIC database.

WTF? It's April 2011....where the living @*# are the @*&@^# map updates, Pioneer? WTF? Seriously...WTF?

Cheers,

JD

Good grief. No need to get a stick up your ass. Sure the navi has its problems. Guess Pioneer has better things to do right now.

Actually, I couldn't find a stick to put up my ass even if I wanted to, given that the local Home Depot and Lowe's locations that sell wooden dowels don't show up in my buddy's outdated Pioneer map data....nor do the many local and state parks which contain natural sticks.

Addendum: Even the "2010" data that came with his unit was really 2007.5 vintage or so, given the time it takes Pioneer to actually PRODUCE their formatted data after purchasing the original data from TeleAtlas or NavTeq.

yup, pio sux for getting accurate maps out on time, nothing new there. i have problem putting in addresses that have not moved in over a decade.

its pretty sad that i actually have to use google maps to find places when i have such an expensive radio

yup, pio sux for getting accurate maps out on time, nothing new there. i have problem putting in addresses that have not moved in over a decade.

its pretty sad that i actually have to use google maps to find places when i have such an expensive radio

THIS is what I'm saying. Every time Pioneer's map fails to find something, one of us pulls out our smartphone and Googles the damn place...sigh.

I also have major problems with the maps on the X920BT. My subdivision was built in 2004 and does not show up on the map, thus I am unable to set the home function. Additionally, I have had issues finding addresses.

Could you do this by entering the coordinates of your house, then saving that destination as home?