Engine Oil Temp

Engine Coolant Temp

Trans Temp

RPM

Mass Air Flow

Exhaust Gas Temp

Boost PSI

Speed

And a few other things...but I was wondering if there is any time of interface to be able to do this through any of these units? I haven't purchased yet as I've been doing some research and trying to decide between the AVIC-130BT and the Kenwood DNX9980HD. So far I've somewhat been leaning toward the Kenwood for a few reasons: ease of video bypass, garmin navigation, a few other standard features without accessory purchase. So far the biggest factor has been the navigation, because I had an AVIC-Z2 in my truck a few years ago and the navigation absolutely sucked! Myrtle Beach is a 4-1/2 hour drive from where I live, and it was going to take me some route that was going to take 7 hours! I checked the setting and everything and still wanted to take me the goofy route.

Anyways, if I can find out if either of these units can do this then that would probably be my final deciding factor. If neither can then I'll go back to my original criteria.

The navi in the AVICs sucks now more then ever before so if navi is a deciding factor you'd better stay away for any Pioneer units. And the only unit currently on the market to support an OBDII interface is the DNX9980HD.

I heard about the OBDII on the Kenwood, does that actually work well?

Pioneer doesn't have any built in OBDII stuff, but you could use an iPhone OBDII app with video out to the AVIC (or anything) if you wanted.

I heard about the OBDII on the Kenwood, does that actually work well?

Pioneer doesn't have any built in OBDII stuff, but you could use an iPhone OBDII app with video out to the AVIC (or anything) if you wanted.

Would the iphone/ipod app itself have to be designed with video out in mind or would the new “app mode†built into the Z130 allow any of the wireless OBDII apps available on the market to be seen and interactive on the Pioneer UI?

Yes, the app would need video out, or the phone would need to be jailbroken to allow any app to output.

App mode is just a button that puts the AVIC in iPod video mode, nothing more.

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just need Pioneer to release the update now so I can buy it and an iPhone and be a much happier camper. (holding breath)