AVIC411.com

Z120BT GPS Antenna

Hello All,

I am new here, and am upgrading my Pioneer this weekend.

I am wondering if i can externally mount the GPS antenna that comes with AVIC-Z120BT. I would like to install it on top of the cab of the truck for best reception.

I read through the manual, and it says nothing about installing outside of the truck, only on the dash which i would rather not do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

S

I Had it mount on the dash in my truck and it was horible. the avic had no idea where i was, even after "modifying my location". I relocated it on top of the cab and it works beautifully now. So i would definatly reccomend putting it outside!

I Had it mount on the dash in my truck and it was horible. the avic had no idea where i was, even after "modifying my location". I relocated it on top of the cab and it works beautifully now. So i would definatly reccomend putting it outside!

Strange, mine is mounted under the hood (actually under the windshield-wiper plastic cowling). I attached the magnet on the wiper motor. It seemed it didn't matter much where I put it, so I chose to hide it.