AVIC411.com

Z1 installed 2007 RX350

• 6 months later...

SOmeone sent me a request to post the pictures again.

Seth,

Visit here for helpful info regarding our make.I learned ALOT for here too!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255301

If you live in South Florida, I can give you the name of my installer. he did the install for $300.00 and that included, bluetooth/rear camera/xm/tv tuner/new amp. You CANNOT bypass the factory amp. Dont be cheap give me a call on the cell number I gave you lol. I can provide all the help you need.

Thanks alot! The install looks great. My AVIC and the double din faceplate should be here sometime next week. I am going to attempt to install the unit myself, as there is no Pioneer dealer here in SW Minnesota. Should be a challenge....hope im able to do it. Thanks for the Pics and the link. Might end up giving you a call if i get completely lost. Thanks again!

P.s. Why would anyeone want to bypass the factory amp?

You cannot use the factory amp. It is tuned to the factory radio. Once you remove the factory radio the signal kills the amp You cant even connect to it. I installed a pioneer 100 watt amp and the thing believe it or not along with the z1 booms your ear off. Funny the lexus amp is made by pioneer.

NOW the bad news the factory amp is located in the rx350 under the rear seats. You have to take the ENTIRE rear seats and rear cargo areas completely out of the vehicle. I went to my installer and said holy crayola and he laughed and said take a peek. The factory speakers believe or not are fantastic. You just cant use them without an amp. The circuit is dead even if you try to connect past the amp. Only way to use the speakers is to pull the old amp and replace it. Also they do not make a true Lexus bypass switch to connect it to the sterring wheel controls. He used a generic one and programmed it. Unfortunetly, the volume controls are now the arrows for scanning and the scan are the volume. You get use to it.

Best $300 I ever spent. lol