AVIC411.com

gps location AVIC-x930BT

IMG_20110521_160503.jpg

Despite the antenna tower icon being lit up, and the number of satellites listed, you should still show one, two or three bars lit up to the right of the antenna tower icon.

As vblue says, something must be defective. Or the hookup of the antenna cable.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one thing, you should have at least one bar to the right of cell tower icon.

With the connection status screen live, try moving your antenna around, with metal plate under it, and see what happens. Wait a few seconds in each placement for the connection info to catch up and update (the bars I am talking about).

• 3 weeks later...

The stereo shop first moved my antenna outside on the roof (which did not help) then they wanted to hook up the speed pulse sensor but for some reason the radios harness did not have one (and on a side note the radio password protected itself and we couldn't unlock it), so they finally swapped it for a new one. It is better, the location is close when I'm driving (intersections and GPS location) but its still not right with parallel streets. The unit shows off ramps into a parallel road but as I take the off ramp it keeps me on the road that I was traveling on?? is there a setting that could be turned off on the x930bt so the unit doesn't try to (snap to or force its location) on a road?

I also have the X930BT. I was having the same problem. The location of my vehicle was different from what showed on the GPS reciever. I changed to main GPS unit and also the antenna, but the problem still existed. The real problem is the vehicle speed sensor. If you go to the 3D calibration screen the MPH should to the same speed as your car is going.

I had to connect the vehicle speed sensor wire the the correct location. The best place to find this wire is to take the speedometer panel out. When you connect it, reset the 3D calibration screen. When you drive, your actual speed speed should match the speed on the screen. A couple soucres gave me the wrong color wire, so make sure you don't get the wrong info.

Mine is connected and working better now that the unit is swapped out for a new one. I am still having problems with parallel roads. If I'm on a highway and I exit off onto a parallel side road it keeps me on the highway. or if I'm driving on a side road and I get onto a highway it keeps me on the side road.....