AVIC411.com

SD card issues Z120BT

Hi all, I have been trying to use Condi's HACKMODE for a few weeks now and I've run into this problem. WHen trying to back up the user directory to an SD card it will not work. I've done a SD test from teh service mode and writing to the SD card fails each time with either my 8GB micro SD card in an SD adpter, or my standard SanDisk 2GB card. Would really like to back up the unit before I try hacking it, so I'm at a loss here, I've tried and double checked everything, including making sure the card isn't write protected. Even formatted the card before extracting HACKMODE to it.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the e-brake bypass possibly dissabling the copy/paste feature?

JasonH made a video showing testmode interface.

If I will have some time today, then I will make some another video with step by step copy/paste backup.

Yes, I followed JasonH's video exacty. still no results. I can read the card, but I can not write to it via the AVIC. I used testmode to test the SD port and it failed to do a test write to the cards each time. I've made sure the card is not write protected and they are formatted fat32.

Get some pendrive, run pioneers testmode via usb! and please try to backup files to USB instead of SD. Please post results!

Success! Used USB stick, created new folder called USER and was able to copy and paste to USB! Took approximately 7 minutes to copy files over, now it's time to have some fun!

• 1 month later...

Great to hear that :) post results after installing hackmode!

All is well! Hack is running as expected with your 1.4, played around with it and it is very stable! Keep up the incredible work!

Noticed Z130BT update 3.01 is out.... any possibility I can load this onto my Z120BT? Pioneer is not planning to release an update for that model for quite some time now that they are focusing primarily on the Z130BT