AVIC411.com

Phone contacts won't connect to Z130

I have an HTC EVO phone and just recently my phone contacts quit showing up on my radio. I checked my phones bluethooth settings and nothing has changed.

Anyone else have this issue or know of something I'm missing here?

That's Android, right? Have you tried repairing? 1st delete the pairing on the phone (in the BT settings, press & hold the name of the connection - then delete when you get the pop-up menu).

When you re-pair, watch for a message on the phone after entering the pin, then respond to always allow the HU access to the contact list.

That's Android, right? Have you tried repairing? 1st delete the pairing on the phone (in the BT settings, press & hold the name of the connection - then delete when you get the pop-up menu).

When you re-pair, watch for a message on the phone after entering the pin, then respond to always allow the HU access to the contact list.

Yes Android. I have not tried repairing but I will this afternoon. Thanks for the tip.

Email Pioneer and they told me as long as my phone supports OPP, then I could transfer the contacts.

I downloaded another app on the phone today and tried the BT transfer with that. It failed with the error message that the receiving device, Z130, does NOT support OPP. I for sure thought it did.

This is frustrating. Can't even have my contact to use on my head unit.

I finally got my contacts, supposedly, to transfer to the radio.

When BT connected, the "Contacts Transfer" icon would highlight VERY briefly. As soon as it illuminated, I clicked it.

It said "Transfer by operating phone", which I did.

My phone said it completed,(I watched the progress of all my 335 contacts). It took about 5 minutes.

Then the Z130 asked me if I wanted to "Read more data". I clicked NO.

It then said "Sycronizing contacts data". It did this for 2 hours.

I was finally worried about my vehicles battery and clicked "Cancel".

It then said "Syncronization Failed". The "Contacts" icon has never highlighted after that.

If my contacts did transfer, where are they stored in the Z130 that they cannot be read?

As far as anyone knows contacts don't store to the unit for any phone. It transfers the contacts from the phone every time on power up as long as you have a phone that appears to be compatible. Clearly your phone isn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the HU used to pull my contacts from my phone(HTC EVO 4G) when paired but now the 'Contacts' and 'Transfer Contacts' buttons do not even highlight when the HU turns on.

I have tried doing the 'Contracts Transfer' with only one contact. After it completes it said "Syncronizing Contacts" for 30 minutes.

Not sure why it all of a sudden quit working.

Well the HU used to pull my contacts from my phone(HTC EVO 4G) when paired but now the 'Contacts' and 'Transfer Contacts' buttons do not even highlight when the HU turns on.

I have tried doing the 'Contracts Transfer' with only one contact. After it completes it said "Syncronizing Contacts" for 30 minutes.

Not sure why it all of a sudden quit working.

I don't know about the EVO 4G version, but I use a hacked version of HTC Desire HD Android. When I BT pair to the HU, there is a prompt dialog on the phone that asks if it is OK to tranfer the contacts. Sometimes this prompt is not in the foreground, but just an icon on the top status line, In this dialog, you have the option to always allow the paired device to access contacts. I suspect that the HU is waiting for your phone to send the contacts. At some point, the HU finally gives up.

So delete and re-pair. The cleanest way is to 1st delete the pairing on the phone's BT settings. Then go to the HU BT settings and push Registration. Then push "Register from Mobile Phone. Next, on the phone select Scan for BT devices. Once the HU device name appears, select it and enter the HU's PIN. On the HU screen, it should say something like "Pairing with mobile phone successful". I think you need to hit OK. Now look at the phone for some dialog about transferring contacts. Also watch the status line on top for a new icon - and select it if one appears. It should ask for permission to transfer contacts.

The OS version on an EVO might be slightly different, but I've used many versions in my hacked phone, and they all worked about the same way.

BTW, this method is different than the instructions in the manual, which says to make the phone discoverable and select it from a list on the HU. I've never had any problems doing it this way.