AVIC411.com

Good News and Bad News for X920 Owners

First the bad news: AVIC Feeds update for iPhone is now available in the App Store - says it now supports iPhone 4 and iOS 4; but I just updated it on my iPhone 4 and the app *still* crashes when I try to save a pin location or just hit "List" within the app!! Very frustrating.

Now the good news (for iPhone owners) - iOS 5 is supposed to include an update to enable support for AVRCP 1.3 BT devices - which the is the AVRCP version our 920BTs are equipped with! So, after iOS 5 is released (probably in the fall), you should be able to stream Pandora; Slacker; etc. via BT and see artist, album, and track info onscreen on the 920! See this post: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/09/ios-5-streams-trackartist-information-to-bluetooth-audio-devices/

Yes; let us know if it streams artist; track; etc. Junkhead! I won't lose hope if it doesn't, since you won't have the iOS 5 final release - they always tweak the features between beta and final releases.

If it does not work now, chances are it wont work in the finally either. I am referring to specific features like you mentioned since they are based off hardware(bluetooth)Whatever needs to be enabled, Apple will have done it already in beta 1. This is the case i find every year in testing the betas since 07.

I should have it installed Thursday night hopefully so Ill report back Friday sometime. So you can now stream to to the pioneer deck via Bluetooth? Not a feature i am particularly interested in but that is nice to have i guess.

So you can now stream to to the pioneer deck via Bluetooth? Not a feature i am particularly interested in but that is nice to have i guess.

You can stream music via BT to the X920 now - it just doesn't include artist, album, and track info. I listen to Slacker all the time via BT, it sounds extremely good; it's far cheaper than XM/Sirius; and, unlike XM/Sirius, no commercials if you get the premium service. I can actually change volume and advance to the next song using my steering wheel controls, also. I'm just really looking forward to seeing artist, album, etc. on the head unit. Definitely try out the BT streaming after you get your 930 deck installed and report back!

Jus finished installing the 930. Have not had much time to play with it but i did try the streaming via BT. I am getting all the artist , track and album info, but album art does not seem to be showing. Sounds very good via Bluetooth, I could not believe it!

Also before I make another thread about this other problem I have I will ask here. I am not getting any voice commands from the naval system, or any beeps when touching buttons(beeps are on and volume for thee are set up) any ideas??

Excellent news on the streaming of artist, track, and album info! Doesn't surprise me you're not seeing album art via BT - I believe that requires a lot of data; more than can be easily transmitted via BT. Thsnks for confirming that the streaming works!

I can't imagine why the button beeps and nav sounds aren't coming through if those options are on in the settings, Junkhead. My suggestion would be to do a system reset - that seems to have solved others' random problems with these units.

Why I think I know the problem , I had the same prob when I installed my 910 a couple years ago. My factory amp can only play two channel audio when not controlled by the factory radio. So I have to hook the fronts to the rear or the rear to the fronts from the deck to my harness. I will swap em tomorrow but I am pretty sure that's what it is since the nav sounds and beeps come from the front speakers, not the back.

beta 2 now gives album artwork when connected as an iPod but still no artwork via bluetooth, it does however pull all the artist and track information for both Pandora and iPod. My old Clarion VX400 allowed me to track forward in Pandora, Mog, iPod when connected via bluetooth but the Pioneer only lets me play and pause (boo).

I couldn't get avic feeds to work at all with Beta1 works like a champ with beta2.

You can stream music via BT to the X920 now - it just doesn't include artist, album, and track info. I listen to Slacker all the time via BT, it sounds extremely good; it's far cheaper than XM/Sirius; and, unlike XM/Sirius, no commercials if you get the premium service. I can actually change volume and advance to the next song using my steering wheel controls, also. I'm just really looking forward to seeing artist, album, etc. on the head unit. Definitely try out the BT streaming after you get your 930 deck installed and report back!

Sirius XM has commercials only on the clear channels operated music stations. It also has commercials on the talk channels....do you expect the show hosts to sit in a room for 4 hours straight and talk to you? What you miss with Slacker is the live content and talent that SXM provides. The only issue with SiriusXM is how shitty the pioneer engineers are. This probably applies to FM as well......why do we have XM1, XM2, and XM3 with a touchscreen device? Just give me 18 presets and let me scroll through them.

I couldn't care less what the Sirius/XM talk show hosts do while they're sitting in a room for their shift, 'cause I don't listen to the talk channels on XM - only the music ones, which I was promised as an early subscriber would be commercial-free. (See also: http://radio.about.com/od/xmsatelliteradio/a/aa061206a.htm; http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/commercialfree-lawsuit-against-xm-allowed-to-proceed.html; http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2010/04/sirius-xm-seriously-sucks.html.) I simply prefer Slacker over Sirius/XM because it suits my preferences far cheaper than Sirius/XM does.

Thanks for the update on iOS 5 beta 2, Kurt. One question - did AVIC Feeds work for you under iOS 4? It's still not working on my iPhone 4 running 4.3.3, and after updating the AVIC Fees app to most recent release.

I couldn't care less what the Sirius/XM talk show hosts do while they're sitting in a room for their shift, 'cause I don't listen to the talk channels on XM - only the music ones, which I was promised as an early subscriber would be commercial-free. (See also: http://radio.about.com/od/xmsatelliteradio/a/aa061206a.htm; http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/commercialfree-lawsuit-against-xm-allowed-to-proceed.html; http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2010/04/sirius-xm-seriously-sucks.html.) I simply prefer Slacker over Sirius/XM because it suits my preferences far cheaper than Sirius/XM does.

Thanks for the update on iOS 5 beta 2, Kurt. One question - did AVIC Feeds work for you under iOS 4? It's still not working on my iPhone 4 running 4.3.3, and after updating the AVIC Fees app to most recent release.

Avic Feeds worked on 4.3.1 or whatever I was on prior to moving to 5 but with 5 beta1 I couldn't get into the program it would just sit on the splash screen. When you say it doesn't work for you exactly how is it that it doesn't work? Do you not get into the app and can't search...can you not get the contacts you create to the radio?