AVIC411.com

Well I am almost finished my install. I still have the ND-BT1 and the Wireless remote to install... should be here this week. Wanted to say a BIG THANKS to DucatiBoy!!! Your bypass works like a charm!

Here is the problem I am having. I have installed the Z1 into a 2005 Chevy Optra (similar to the Suzuki Forenza) and I am having troubles with the VSS wire.

I went to the local GM Dealer and asked them to print me out the schematics for the VSS wire on my car. The printout said that it is the D-GN/WH wire. I located the wire coming from the engine through the firewall below the drivers side. I noticed that there were two same color!

I tested one with a volt meter on AC/V and when I was stopped I would get a reading. I then started to move the vehicle and it would move a little, but not a lot. I then tried the other and I got nothing.

I hooked up the first wire and went into the Z1 settings to check the connection. When I am in park I get 200 as a reading (in the Z1 connection menu). When I move it stays the same.

I then tried the other wire and it didn't give me a reading at all.

My questions are... does anybody know the right wire? and what should I look for on my volt meter when I am testing wires?

p.s. I will post pictures of my install some time next weekend.

TIA
VSS Wire: LOCATION 8 ECM GREEN CONNECTOR POSITION 8
VSS Wire Color: GREEN/WHITE
VSS Pulse: 8000
VSS Tach Wire: ECM WHITE CONNECTOR 4TH FROM CRNER
Tach Signal Wire Color: GRAY
Brake Switch Positive: ORANGE
Brake Switch Negative: BLUE