AVIC411.com

930BT... FM station display

With the FM station presets, the preset name will slowly cycle between the station frequency, followed by broken up pieces of th current song name or name of the show. That's not so bad in itself until you realize that when you look at one of the lists of presets (FM1, FM2, FM3), what you see is the last word that happened to be displayed last time it was selected. So, for example, you might see...

P1 The

P2 Someone

P3 Fresh

P5 87.7

P6 The bone.

Am I the only one that thinks this is pretty dumb and useless? Its nice to see song and other information scrolled or cycled when the preset is selected. But when you look at a list of presets, it would be much more useful to just see the frequency, then seeing the last word that randomly was displayed. Is there a way to alter or disable this feature? If not, does anyone know enough about Pioneer to have a feel for whether they care about or listen to customer feature requests? I mean, once in the past I asked for a feature to allow saved GPS locations to be saved to an SD card and accessed on another Pioneer, and instead of "that's a good idea, we'll consider implementing it", all I got back was "its not possible to do that". (Duh... I KNOW its not, but sorry.. I digress!)

I also wish I could change that. As of right now that is one of my biggest peeves of the unit. That and the ultra picky USB port I am having trouble with.

OH well that's interesting! Mine was installed just weeks ago, and I made an appointment to go back for the USB! I was thinking the installer just forgot to link up the adapter behind the dash, especially as the mem-sticks I'm using work in an older pioneer I have! So from what you're saying I might get there Monday only to find it is truly defective.

Actually what I've found (I have a post in the technical section in a USB thread) is that the port only reads older sticks that are capable of being formatted FAT and not FAT32.

My 16 gig wouldnt work, 2 8 gig's wouldn't work, and only my old 1GB Sandisk and a 4GB PNY will read.

No connection problem whatsoever with that USB port, it just does not read certain mass storage devices unfortunately.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep this unit because of that. Every other stereo I've owned including cheap single DIN units read every USB stick that they ever see.

I just installed my x930 a couple days ago and this radio list is annoying as hell. Hopefully they fix it..

Does anyone know Pioneers track record of listening to customer requests for upgrades? Do they ever release new firmware versions? Is there a process for requesting them?

does anyone know enough about Pioneer to have a feel for whether they care about or listen to customer feature requests?

they could not care less that what there customers think, that is why all the same sh!t that everybody complains about is still present.

Does anyone know Pioneers track record of listening to customer requests for upgrades?

they have a very poor track record of listening to what their customers want, or what problems they need to fix

Do they ever release new firmware versions?
yes

Is there a process for requesting them?

yes, they put them up for download on their website as they are available, just download them and install them to the unit,

From my experience only the last 3yrs with pioneer, but from all my reading and limited experience you can expec one update and that's it

the F series had many updates, mostly because of how f'ed up they where and how many problems they had