AVIC411.com

GMOS-04 Data bus interface

Just purchased a GMOS 04 data bus interface for my 05 Silverado w/Bose and onstar. There are some wires that are not specified in the install instructions. My question is do I just leave them or do I have to connect them? There is a black wire w/yellow stripe that has a butt type connection, a red wire that comes off a black 12 pin connector and a black wire with an rca type connector. none of these is in the install instructions. Does anyone know what or where they go? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a pic to show what i am talking about.

post-53448-0-21373400-1308348682_thumb.jpg

Just purchased a GMOS 04 data bus interface for my 05 Silverado w/Bose and onstar. There are some wires that are not specified in the install instructions. My question is do I just leave them or do I have to connect them? There is a black wire w/yellow stripe that has a butt type connection, a red wire that comes off a black 12 pin connector and a black wire with an rca type connector. none of these is in the install instructions. Does anyone know what or where they go? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a pic to show what i am talking about.

If they are not in the instruction that means they don't apply to your car, try leave them out and see if you are missing any features.

the picture you have highlighted is a harness for the aswc. the newer metra interfaces includes this harness for easier wiring with the aswc because it is common to use a steering wheel controller when replacing the factory hu.

you do not need any of the wires coming off of the aswc harness (harness with 1/4" stereo jack) unless you are installing an aswc as well. the black/yellow wire with the bullett connnector is for adjusting the onstar volume by applying it to ground. there are 4 levels.

read the install manual. it is very straight forward.