AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 Video Out on X930BT

OK OK I'll start off saying that I've searched the forums and couldn't find any real helpful posts for me on this. I've got the X930BT with an iPhone 4 and have done the parking bypass and the relocated pin in the harness. All seem fine there as I have all options available to me while driving and can play a DVD while driving fine. Using the USB/phono cable I'm able to use the iPod mode fine with cover art and can search my phone fine for songs and video. The problem is when I play a video there is sound but no picture, the funny thing is when I am searching for video's while one is playing I can see the shrunken preview in the offset window to the right. When I return the main window though it is blank and I only get the sound. I've tried this with the iPod mode and the app mode and neither work. I've also tested the NF app and the youtube app but have not video only sound… Any thoughts on this one?

Make sure the AV cable is plugged in all the way.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried reseating it and got no joy. I think after reading some other posts that it might be my off brand cable from Amazon. I bought this cable for my unit before this a Kenwood DDX418 and it worked for audio and video fine on that unit but apparently not on this unit. I'll have to try the Pioneer one if I decide to keep this unit. I'm still not 100% on this yet, I have to decide if I want to live with the short-comings just to have the good bluetooth handsfree. I loved the Kenwoods interface compared to this unit but the handsfree audio was absolutely terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing it's your cable. I'm using the pioneer cable with my iPhone 4 (I also did the bypass) and I'm getting audio and video.

on a side note, Netflix streaming works well on the unit as does my slingplayer mobile (just need enough bandwidth to keep slingplayer mobile in "HQ" mode while on 3G. if slingplayer mobile is in "SQ" mode, then all you get is audio.