AVIC411.com

Avic Z1 - no sound after cracked touch panel (not LCD)

Hello all,

Well my screen I have had my Avic Z1 working fine for over three years (have 2 wire bypass as well). About 2 weeks ago my touch panel screen cracked (not the LCD. I sucessfully replaced the touch panel and all works well. The problem that I have now is no sound from any source. If I turn the volume up all the way I get the subs to rumble. My speakers are connected directly to the HU, and my subs are connected thru the RCA sub outs into its own Amp.

I did read on another site that the Antenna settings on the radio could cause no audio (but I toggled it from Power to Radio) and still no dound at all.

Any ideas. Is there something internal to the radio (fuse perhaps) that I can fix. I traced all fuses in the car on HU and nada.

Please help, and thanks much!

Hello all,

Well my screen I have had my Avic Z1 working fine for over three years (have 2 wire bypass as well). About 2 weeks ago my touch panel screen cracked (not the LCD. I sucessfully replaced the touch panel and all works well. The problem that I have now is no sound from any source. If I turn the volume up all the way I get the subs to rumble. My speakers are connected directly to the HU, and my subs are connected thru the RCA sub outs into its own Amp.

I did read on another site that the Antenna settings on the radio could cause no audio (but I toggled it from Power to Radio) and still no dound at all.

Any ideas. Is there something internal to the radio (fuse perhaps) that I can fix. I traced all fuses in the car on HU and nada.

Please help, and thanks much!

A simple this to check is make sure the harness with your speaker connections is completely installed in the back of the Z. I assume you had to remove the head unit to replace the touch screen...

A simple this to check is make sure the harness with your speaker connections is completely installed in the back of the Z. I assume you had to remove the head unit to replace the touch screen...

Thanks much for your response. Yes I checked all the connections. In fact I have all my speakers running off the HU and just the subs off of the preamp RCA sub output. I tried the blue wire trick lat night and even resetting the unit per the manufacturer suggestions (three different methods). Still nada.

I tried to email ducatiboy but his email is full. He is surely in demand.

thanks again!