AVIC411.com

change the word preset to the name of the station

on the Z120BT the preset should be showing the name of the station and not just a preset tag that tells nothing. for the SAT radio you have to remember 18 preset stations rather than seeing the name of the station? that makes no sense. what am i doing wrong that it is not picking up the station? no one could be that bad of a programmer to not have the station name in the preset.

• 4 weeks later...

on the Z120BT the preset should be showing the name of the station and not just a preset tag that tells nothing. for the SAT radio you have to remember 18 preset stations rather than seeing the name of the station? that makes no sense. what am i doing wrong that it is not picking up the station? no one could be that bad of a programmer to not have the station name in the preset.

Same thing here!!!! I also just installed a 930bt and it has the name of the station and the songs name and artist scrolling across the preset button. So why would it not work on the 130bt??

Maik1

Same thing here!!!! I also just installed a 930bt and it has the name of the station and the songs name and artist scrolling across the preset button. So why would it not work on the 130bt??

Maik1

I think it works as expected for XM (all HU models), but the Sirius user interface is very primitive.

if you look at the big manual it shows that it does work with the XM but it is just software!! meaning that ok so you want it to send the preset station number but it does not. but you have the preset station information because it is there at the top of the screen. so it is putting it out in some digital form so you capture it and put it in to a varible that stores it for the name of the preset.

I think it works as expected for XM (all HU models), but the Sirius user interface is very primitive.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Sirius radio or Xm. I am talking even the radio off air and not HD radio on the 930bt it shows the station name and song info like name of the artist and the song name that's playing on the preset button. So why doesn't the 130bt show this?

Maik1

that is a good question but my poiunt is the same. the information is there. you can see it at the top of the screen. but it is not transfered in a way that the preset wants it to make it automatic. and the programer is not smart enough or cares enough to capture the data and put it in the preset.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Sirius radio or Xm. I am talking even the radio off air and not HD radio on the 930bt it shows the station name and song info like name of the artist and the song name that's playing on the preset button. So why doesn't the 130bt show this?

Maik1

OP was talking about SAT - specifically. He didn't say which one. You said "Same here". No one even mentioned off air FM or HD. The manual shows (pg XM as showing station name and icon (if available) in the scrolling Preset Wheel on the right side of the screen (p137). Sirius, however, just shows the Preset # (pg 142-143). Are you saying the Z130 doesn't work as shown in the manual? Or the x930 works differently than the Z130?

The FM/HD tuner is indeed different between the two HUs, and, yes - it seems to suck on the Z130.

OP was talking about SAT - specifically. He didn't say which one. You said "Same here". No one even mentioned off air FM or HD. The manual shows (pg XM as showing station name and icon (if available) in the scrolling Preset Wheel on the right side of the screen (p137). Sirius, however, just shows the Preset # (pg 142-143). Are you saying the Z130 doesn't work as shown in the manual? Or the x930 works differently than the Z130?

The FM/HD tuner is indeed different between the two HUs, and, yes - it seems to suck on the Z130.

"it seems to suck on the Z130" Well suck is not what I would call it, more like useless! The presets are USELESS the way they work now. USELESS!!!!

Maik1

that is right. the 130 is worse and again there is no reason for that other than they have got too arrogant. but this is a japan issue. we do business there and we get demand to make changes and we do, but it does not go the other way. i was at the HK electronics show and i am now thinking to come out with our own product. well it is taking a Chinese product, kicking up the QC and we would write the software so that it works for the user. the hardware cost little and the software is just programing. our US programers are great and can give us what we want. but i think the after market is a dying market as more cars are manufactured with the nav system, so taking a stock item and then goosing it up is the way to go. think short term but the right product. i hate having to make a new product but i see no choice.