AVIC411.com

is anyone else's AppRadio cooking their iPhone?

• 1 month later...

It still gets hot. I know for a fact on the AppRadio 2. It got hot with 5.0, 5.1, and it still does with 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S

Oh well, so much for that. I will continue to monitor my phone. For the record I'm using an iPhone 4S and the original AppRadio.

if you are running a gps antenna all the time, and it's exposed to sunlight with a constant power supply to keep the screen light, it'll get real hot real fast.

I have my iPhone mounted in an adjustable arm the sits right over my vent so I can hit the AC on it if it's a hot one all around.

My cable placement on my install however I setup specifically to allow for this.

I have an AVH-P8400BH, and hot diggity does the SD Card heat up when it's the main media source. Even after 15 minute drives.

I have a Galaxy Nexus and I've noticed this too. I tend to always have WAZE open and I have to say it's hot all the time. The very few times I just had the phone connected but nothing running I never noticed it being hot, but that might be the point.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine phone has gone into that "safety mode" like ten times

iOS 4 & 5

Three different iPhones. (I take advantage of the AppleCare plan)

Can't say what the root of the problem is. It's not the iOS, not the phone (unless I got three faulty phones) I'm pretty convinced that it's the screen being left on the whole time. Maybe not the screen but the battery usage. I was told once that your touch screen uses the most battery out of anything on your phone. Is there not a way that we can use appradio without having the screen on? Running the apps in the background? MIKEDECARO? Any ideas?

• 10 months later...

Pioneer UK do, because I have called them about it.

They deny it's anything to do with the cable.

However, a firmware update and then a replacement system and cable, and I don't have the overheating issue anymore.

My cable to the phone would only output Music to the right front channel. The Radio would work fine.

So clearly my head unit/cable  was defective in a number of ways.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...