AVIC411.com

HD and Tuner Issues - z120bt

I installed my z120bt about 3 months ago and everything has seemed to be fine (minus subwoofer controls but that's another topic) until recently. About three days ago my HD tuning went to sh1t and I lost all sub-band channels minus the primary. I checked and saw my z120 was showing an analog only signal. About a day later I had to drive up to Dallas from HOU and noticed I started getting some (D) digital signal and could even tune some HD sub-channels, however, A) it's not all the channels that I KNOW exist and should be getting and B) regardless of the channel it'll play for a bit and then go slient, play, silent, play silent.

It seems that if I tune to another channel and back it helps prolong the problem but it eventually comes back.

One time I remember it sounded like a broken CD in that the channel played some voice, skipped and replayed the voice, it did this for about three minutes (replaying the same audio) until I tuned to another channel.

What I'm wondering is does this sound like an issue with the HU or the HD box? I'm contemplating dumping this unit after I move in the next 45days or so and going with the kenwood or 'maybe' seeing if I can upgrade to the 130 if it's worth it, if not, I'd like to get my existing, expensive, HU working right :s

• 2 weeks later...

phantastic ! I guess there's no help.. I'm going to move and dump my Pioneer. I used to have a DEXP1R and it was the shiz, I've owned P ever since and it's been seemingly getting worse and worse as I go!! I'm far from impressed -- FAR FROM! I will likely move to the kenwood and pawn off this puppy, probably lost about $800 but I guess that's how it goes.

phantastic ! I guess there's no help.. I'm going to move and dump my Pioneer. I used to have a DEXP1R and it was the shiz, I've owned P ever since and it's been seemingly getting worse and worse as I go!! I'm far from impressed -- FAR FROM! I will likely move to the kenwood and pawn off this puppy, probably lost about $800 but I guess that's how it goes.

Did you try contacting Pioneer? Your unit should be under warranty. The reason no one responded is probably because they didn't have an answer. Just a guess, but I'd bet on an antenna problem. You do realize that this isn't Pioneer tech support - right?

Did you try contacting Pioneer? Your unit should be under warranty. The reason no one responded is probably because they didn't have an answer. Just a guess, but I'd bet on an antenna problem. You do realize that this isn't Pioneer tech support - right?

Thanks Ron! No I'm aware it's not Pioneer TS and I might have seemed a bit brash, just surprised that no one had any thoughts or suggestions or the like. This pretty much cropped up overnight so I'm not entirely sure what could be with the antennae (connectors are seated). I'm just frustrated with this HU overall. After I move I might play around with it some, however, if it comes down to replacing the unit I'll probably upgrade or check out the KW and sell the refurb.

Sean