AVIC411.com

Z3 Volume stuck on previous level, cannot adjust Up or Down

For whatever reason I cant raise the volume on my Z3. Its stuck on the previous volume setting. I had the Z3 Installed for about a year ran perfect. I installed some headrests monitors via a pioneer video selector. They work perfect and am very happy with them. I can hear everything as far as sounds when buttons pressed and Navi sounds can be adjusted. Like I said all I cant do is adjust music volume. Its stuck! Cant go up nor go down. I try with the panel button and the remote to no avail. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Did you ever figure out what caused this? I have a z2 with the z3 upgrade and it has been working for years fine. Just today I noticed it is stuck where everything works except volume. It's also lower volume then what it is set at. I hear it jump up to the normal volume randomly and when it does this if you click the vol button quick enough you can make an adjustment. Then it goes back to the lower audio level and you are locked out again.

I'm wondering if something is shorting out behind the unit. I have a Acura CL so it's a PITA to pull the deck but looks like I will be...

I booted into test mode and did the key test. The volume up and down keys are working.

What's weird is it is very intermittent now. Normal for a few secs then back to lower audio levels. When the volume is at normal levels the vol up/down keys work. When the audio level lowers for whatever reason I lose vol up/down controls.

I did a reset as well and that didn't fix anything.

I booted into test mode and did the key test. The volume up and down keys are working.

What's weird is it is very intermittent now. Normal for a few secs then back to lower audio levels. When the volume is at normal levels the vol up/down keys work. When the audio level lowers for whatever reason I lose vol up/down controls.

I did a reset as well and that didn't fix anything.

Maybe something to do with the mute ?

As an experiment, you could try disabeling the mute setting in the menu ?

Maybe something to do with the mute ?

As an experiment, you could try disabeling the mute setting in the menu ?

Turned the mute off. Still have the problem.

I would check the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the headunit. It could be loose.

Do I have to take the unit apart to check this? I looked under the screen while it was in the open position and all I see is the white track/gears for moving the screen. No sign of a ribbon cable.

• 5 months later...