AVIC411.com

I am a wee lost here.

searched through topics, and see that people confirm - issues with bluetooth were corrected, and phones operate just fine.

Well, mine must be an exception..

I had an EVO 4g, just upgraded to evo 3d.. People are not able to hear me, signal interrupts constantly. Calls are not being lost too often, but that happens as well.

I know it is not the phone issue as I have a BT headset, and it works fine on a distance far larger than the distance from my phone to head unit.

any ideas what I can check?

thanks

I am a wee lost here.

searched through topics, and see that people confirm - issues with bluetooth were corrected, and phones operate just fine.

Well, mine must be an exception..

I had an EVO 4g, just upgraded to evo 3d.. People are not able to hear me, signal interrupts constantly. Calls are not being lost too often, but that happens as well.

I know it is not the phone issue as I have a BT headset, and it works fine on a distance far larger than the distance from my phone to head unit.

any ideas what I can check?

thanks

What HU model do you have? Not that it matters but it might help in tracking isssues with particular units.

I have noticed that even using the same phone, I can sometimes have pairing quality issues. I re-flash my phone about once a week (playing with various customized versions of Android). So I'm often having to re-pair the same physical phone with the Z120. Sometimes I get issues with BT after a re-pairing, so I delete the pairing on the phone and try again. Not sure why it works better on subsequent trys.

So, give it a try. Not saying it will fix all the BT quality issues with the z series. You didn't say how the quality was with the 4g. But I'm guessing it is now worse with the 3D.

• 3 weeks later...

A long time ago, when Bluetooth was even less reliable that it is nowadays, some people had luck with pairing devices under less than ideal circumstances.

Example:

Pair a phone with the headset in your ear and the phone in your hand and you had problems with dropouts.

Pair the same two devices again, except this time stick the headset in a metal filing cabinet and do it from across the room. Now when used as intended (headset in ear, handset in pocket) the dropouts are gone.

It's almost as if the initial pairing sets the transmit power levels and they stay that way.

In my case, the distance I can have is stunning. The Avic/phone combo is cranky in every other respect but distance. I have the Viper SmartStart app on my phone, so I fire the truck up about 3 minutes before hopping in to warm it up. I have Tasker set up to set my phone's media volume to max when it pairs with the Avic and does a little beep notification when the task kicks off. I get that beep a good 30-50 feet from my truck. Impressive. It's cool but I'd rather have it not require a phone reboot after a call to start working again.

• 2 months later...