AVIC411.com

For safety reasons I drive with my headlights on during the day. The problem is when I do that, it makes my AVIC-X920BT display screen too dark. And for that matter, even with the lights off it could be a tad brighter. Does anyone know of a setting to change this, or to make the display illumination brighter?

Thanks!

Put a toggle on the illumination wire.

Do you mean physically install a mini toggle switch on the, "illumination wire"? If I'm following you, what that means is when I turn on my headlights I would then flip the toggle switch to keep the display at daytime illumination, correct? Wow, why didn't Pioneer include an adjustable setting for display brightness, no matter if it's daylight or nighttime?

Thanks!

Do you mean physically install a mini toggle switch on the, "illumination wire"? If I'm following you, what that means is when I turn on my headlights I would then flip the toggle switch to keep the display at daytime illumination, correct? Wow, why didn't Pioneer include an adjustable setting for display brightness, no matter if it's daylight or nighttime?

Thanks!

You can leave the illumination setting on day (vs auto), but then at night it would be pretty bright. Really not that difficult to flip a switch for what you want. If your skilled enough, and it means that much, you could prolly make a photo sensing switch.

What I did was install the pioneer illumination wire to my "dimmer" wire. Then I adjust my dimmer control.

Really? The illumination wire allows you to have variable brightness? Thought the illumination wire was a binary signal to the HU, either on or off.

He's looking for a way to have it bright in the day and dim at night with the headlights always on and without having to manually adjust the brightness. Unless there's a photo/light sensor controlling this the easiest way is to toggle the illumination wire.